Chapter 15

Noah Anderson
12:36 pm

"His mother ignored me the whole dinner. She was more concerned about Alisha!" Mal says to Madison.

"And you just let that happen?" Madison asks me.

"They ignore me any other time, I don't see why this time is different." I say shrugging my shoulders. It doesn't phase me.

"I don't think Alisha-"

"It's Aaliyah." Jessie and I say in unison.

"You think that's the point!" Mal yells.

"Noah, you need to come here real quick!" Destiny yells tugging me out my seat. She drags me out the cafeteria and to Aaliyah. Per usual she's gorgeous. She's wearing ripped jeans, long sleeve v neck black shirt and Ugg boots. Her cleavage on full display.

"So, your mother told me to tell you to invite Malinda for dinner tonight. She's going to apologize and everything. I just wanted you to know." She says walking away.

"Wait! Why tell me this in the hall, why not in the cafeteria?!" I ask.

"Your girlfriend doesn't seem to like me, so as to not fuck up any relationships, I'll keep my distance when she's around."

"That's not true."

"So, she does like me?" She teases.

"That's true but the keeping your distance part. I don't want you to do that." I say tugging her by her waist to face me.

She stares up at me through her lashes and look down at her beautiful lips. And wonder if I could get away with kissing her.

"Okay, I won't." She says wrapping her arms around my torso.

"Okay- ohhhh!" Destiny says, squealing.

"Hi, Destiny." I say rubbing hands on the back of my neck.

"No, don't try to act all innocent, I saw y'all! Y'all finna be in here kissing!" She yells.

"Umm, Destiny, please!" Aaliyah says, walking away from me.

She was going to let me kiss her. We were about to kiss. Should I talk to her about it? No, she'll brush it off and then we won't talk for another 2 months.

"What was that about?" Mal asks when I get back.

"My mom wants to invite you back over for dinner. She feels that she's neglected you." I say kissing her cheek.

Should I tell her?

"Great, I get another chance to get your mother to like me!" Mal starts planning with Madison and Jessie. I look back at Aaliyah and she's laughing with everyone at the table. I miss sitting with them.

***

"Hello, Mrs.Anderson!" Mal says, handing my mother an apple pie.

"Oh, thank you, dear. I just wanted to apologize about yesterday. Please, forgive me." My mom says leading her into the kitchen.

"It's really no issue." Mal lies.

I follow behind them into the dining room. My father is at the head of the table, my brother on my mothers side and my sister on my fathers.

"Honey, this is Malinda." My mom introduces.

"Hello, Mr.Anderson!" Mal says walking over to him and shaking his hand.

"Who's this?" My father asks.

"My girlfriend." I answer.

"Oh, well hello Malinda." He says nodding his head at her.

"Hello, Ashley and Logan." Mal says waving.

"Hey." They both say.

Something's off about Ashley.

"So, how'd you and Noah meet?" My father asks.

"Well, we've been going to school together for some time now but I just noticed him. He was in my history class. He sat right in front of me. We worked together in class for a group assignment and started spending time together, just him and I outside of the project and the rest is history." Mal says looking around the table, gauging expressions and reactions.

"Wow! That's so adorable!" My mother says clutching her chest.

I don't don't think so. It's boring and generic. But I digress.

"Has Noah met your parents yet?" My mother asks.

"No, but hopefully soon." She forces a smile. Her parents are a tough subject for her even I can't get anything out of her.

"Do you do any extracurriculars?" My mom asked.

"No." Mal says.

"Oh, well I know that Aaliyah does cheerleading. Are you interested in that?"

"No I was never interested in being thrown about and having to jump around."

"Well, what do you like to do?"

" I do enjoy fashion." Mal says shrugging her shoulders.

After dinner Mal went home. I all but expected them to bust in my room and tell me how much they liked her. She really showed them who she was.

But no one came.

"How'd dinner go?" Aaliyah asks over FaceTime.

"I think it went well, but they didn't all come rushing into my room like they did when they met you." I say turning off the lights in the bathroom.

"Maybe, because they already met her?" She says making excuses.

She's hiding something.

"No, I don't think they like her very much." I say pulling back my covers.

"Confession...they don't. I won't go any deeper into it as not to betray their trust." She says putting on a lavender bonnet.

"I like her. She's really kind and trusting and just a good person." I try to come up with things to say about her but the truth is, I don't know much about her.

"I told them to give her a chance there's a reason y'all 2 are dating." She says putting on show as I turn off my tv.

"This is her calling right now. I'll call you right back." I say clicking the join button.

"I think dinner went great!" She says getting in the phone.

"Me too!" I lie.

Ashley didn't seem the least bit interested in her and she likes everyone. Logan isn't really talkative and my mom and dad seemed to be the only ones talking to her. And my dad doesn't talk much during dinner so that's one person who may like her.

"Oh, I'm happy you said that because I wasn't sure!"

"Yeah, well I'm going to bed now. I'll see you tomorrow." I say giving her a kiss over the oboe and hanging up. Technically I'm not lying I am going to sleep.

"I'm back!" I say once the phone reconnects.

"Good, I was just about to fall asleep." She slurs out.