𝟎𝟐𝟏: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭.

mikey walked through into her hospital room

"mikey." was the only thing she said.

he sat down on a seat next to her bed.

"thanks for visiting."

he nodded.

"are you not gonna talk to me?"

he sighed. "i'm glad you're okay." he patted her head. "but you didn't listen."

"yeah, i know, and i'm sorry. but i couldn't just watch you get beaten up."

mikey sighed. "yeah, but you nearly died. again."

"so? it doesn't matter anyway. i'm alive, aren't i?"

he stayed silent. she looked over at him looking concerned. "manjiro, are you okay?"

mikey perked up slightly at her question. he sighed. "i'm fine."

"you don't have to lie to me. you can tell me, whatever it is. i'll always stand by you." she said, reassuring him.

his wall began to break. this was surprising for some as only a very few were able to see this side of mikey. he began sobbing quietly.

Y/N smiled softly at him and pulled him into a hug. "it's okay."

"this is all too much.." mikey began. "baji's death, you nearly dying, twice. and even now i can't accept shinichiro's death."

"why do you always bottle up your feelings? it's not gonna make it any better."

mikey nodded. "i know that. but as the leader of toman, i can't show weakness. crying makes you weak."

she laughed. "no way. crying is normal. are you not crying right now?"

he stayed silent.

she giggled. "you know, manjiro, you can't suffer alone. i'm going to carry your burdens with me."

mikey looked at her. she smiled warmly at him.

"if you are mine, then so are all your burdens too."

mikey smiled back lovingly. "well, same with me. you are mine, and so is all of your pain and suffering too."

she smiled at him, practically having love hearts in her eyes. "enough with all this sappy stuff, anyway. how was your day?"

"it's fine. toman practically grew overnight after the bloody halloween."

"really? i don't know how to feel about that."

"what do you mean?"

"i like it the way it is. now i'll have to learn new names."

he chuckled. "you always were bad with names." he thought of what to talk about next. "when will you be out?"

"tomorrow actually. when's our next meeting?

"tomorrow."

she cheered. "woo! lucky me!"

he chuckled. a doctor came in. "sorry, visiting hours are over."

"okay, just give us a couple more minutes."

the nurse left. before mikey left he hugged her, tight. "i love you."

she hugged him back. "i love you too. and i'll always be with you. i promise."

"