𝟎𝟒𝟎: 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝.

my eyes darted open

my eyes darted open. where the hell was i? who the hell was i?

i looked around, hoping to find someone or something familiar.

"hello, Y/N." a voice spoke.

oh yes, Y/N. i was Y/N. Y/N L/N.

i looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. so there was someone here? i wasn't alone?

i felt a tap on my shoulder. "i'm right here, silly."

i turned to see a girl. she had H/L H/C hair, enchanting E/C eyes. her clothes looked casual. along with them, she wore a grin. she reminded me of someone. she looked... she looked like me.

"you just gonna stare?" she asked, half chuckling. "don't like my outfit?"

i took a step back in shock. "who... who the hell are you?"

she frowned in disappointment. was i not meant to ask that? "seriously? you don't recognise yourself?"

my eyes widened. this had confirmed it. she was in fact me. "you're me...?" my voice shook as i asked. was this a dream?

"yes." she confirmed. "and no, this is not a dream. although, i guess you are kinda sleeping if you think about it. eternally."

i paused. what had she meant by that? when i tried to think, my head would start to throb. "where are we?"

she giggled as if that was the silliest question to ask. "gosh, he really did a number on us, eh?" she rubbed her head.

he? memories suddenly started to flash in my mind. he? who was he? was he the reason that i'm here?

"who is he?" i asked. "what did he do?"

she sighed as she shook her head. "you seriously can't remember him? cmon Y/N, think."

i paused as i tried to remember. a tan male with glasses, blonde hair and a devilish grin. i suddenly felt my mouth open. i was saying something. "tetta... ki... saki.." i murmured as if i was some kind of zombie.

the other me clapped her hands in amusement as if this was some sort of game. "that's right! tetta kisaki!"

my brow raised. "who the fuck is tetta kisaki? and how did i say his name? my mouth moved on it's own."

she snorted. "well, you're getting your memories back. and tetta kisaki is the reason we're here."

the reason we're here? wait, she never answered my question. where the fuck am i?

"where am i?" i asked again. hopefully she doesn't ignore my question for the second time.

her smile faltered for a second. as if she was sad to be here. "we're in between."

i gave her a face and motioned for her to continue. when she didn't, i asked. "in between what?"

"in between life and death." she answered simply. she said this as if this was normal.