𝟎𝟒𝟏: 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞.

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

i yawned as i rose up from my hospital bed. jeez, my back ached. how long had i been 'asleep' for?

"uh."

i jumped as i realised that someone was looking at me. i turned to look at the nurse that stood beside my bed. i cleared my throat.

"oh, right. um..." i stuttered, looking for the right words. "surprise, i'm not dead." i awkwardly chuckled.

she stared at me as if i was an alien. "no shit."
she almost laughed. "this is a crazy day on the job." she mumbled to herself. she then sighed as she looked at me. "listen, kid, do you know the amount of distress you caused your pals?"

i shook my head.

"especially the short blonde boy. he was totally crushed. he came here everyday to talk to you, poor thing." she said.

my heart ached. mikey. i had just left him. i had almost allowed myself to die. i raised a brow. "what are you telling me this for?"

she scoffed. "you better make it up to your friends." was all she said. she took a second to assess me again before saying. "i don't know what miracle brought you back to life, but make sure to make the most of it."

i nodded. "right." i gave an awkward look. "am i free to go?"

she looked me up and down, curling a lock of her hair around her finger. "after a near death experience, i'd say no. but after what i heard your friends telling you about, sounds like your friends are in deep shit."

i perked up. "what do you mean? what did they say?"

she raised a brow and leaned forward. "what's 'tenjiku'?"

MEANWHILE (3RD PERSON)

tenjiku and toman were well into their battle. members grunting as they threw their punches. both sides weren't backing down.

takemichi stood face to face with his childhood friend. "out of the way, kaku. i'm here to fight kisaki!"

kakucho stared at him, face unmoving. "is there something between you two?"