3

today is thursday. i'm going to the football tryouts after school. i've became friends with leah and also jack. we've formed a little group of the three of us.

i also went to the training of the team my mum found and i enjoyed it. they said they'd be thrilled to have me on their team so i've joined it.

at lunch we sat while eating together.

"leah are you coming to the football tryout" i asked.

"hmm yeah i will but if training or the matches clash with my training then i can't join" she said.

"okay. same. i joined a club and training is on wednesday and matches are on sunday" i said.

we went to our last lesson which was maths. i sat with jack and we did the work while chatting. well more like i did the work and jack copied.

"do you and leah want to go out with me on the weekend." he asked

"go out where?" i asked.

"umm we could go to the shopping centre and then back to mine if you want" he suggested.

"yeah i'll ask my mum and leah" i said.

after maths finished i went to the changing rooms. leah was already there and had saved me a space next to her.

when i got to her, she turned around so i could get dressed which i really appreciated.

"so jack was asking if we want to go shopping and then his house on sunday" i said as i put my kit on.

"you can look now" i said. we sat on the bench and waited for the teacher.

"erm yeah. i'll have to check with my mum though." she said. "are you going"

"if my mum says yeah. i'll text you" i said.

miss thompson came in and took us all out to the pitch.

there was about 30 girls so she split us into teams of 7 and had 2 games at once.

"girls i'm going to be watching you all and picking who i think shows the best overall performance, not just on the ball but also off the ball. i can only choose 14 of you to be on the team so play your best. good luck" she said.

me leah kayla and annie were captains
my first match was against leah's team.

we got off to a bad start, they got an early lead from a mistake at the back on our team.

"listen girls it's okay. we can get the goal back. we need more communication, speak up" i said. we got back into position and restarted.

i threaded a ball into sophie, and she scored.

"last goal wins" the teacher shouted. the other game had finished and it was only ours left. the other teams gathered around to watch out game.

leah's team got a corner. we had everyone back to defend it. the keeper punched it out and it landed at leah's feet just outside the box. she was about to shoot but i ran forward and blocked it. it bounced off me and i sprinted after it with leah close behind me. i was first to the ball and ran towards the keeper. leah came sliding towards me but i chipped the ball over her and ran past. now it's just the keeper.

i shot it and it hit the top corner.

the teacher blew the whistle and my team ran to me cheering. leah was still lay on the ground from where she tried to tackle me.

i went over to her and helped her up.

"good game skip" i smirked with victory.

"how fucking dare you. that was nasty." she laughed. "making me look bad in front of the teacher"