17

the next morning i woke with leah still sleeping in my arms. i looked at the time and saw that we were supposed to be up 15 minutes ago.

i moved some of leah's hair from her face and gently shook her awake.
"le, we need to get up now" i said. she groaned and buried her head in my neck.

"leah come on" i said. it's my first match for arsenal and the first of the 2017-18 season. i want to make a good impression.

she placed a kiss to my neck and then moved higher to my face, planting many kisses all over my face.

"leah stop" i giggled.

"i think my lips feel a bit neglected" i pouted. she laughed and kissed my lips.

she lay back down on my chest and i put my hands to her head.

the door opened and amanda walked in.

"morning girls. breakfast is made so come down and eat" she said.

"thanks mum" leah said.

we both got up and went downstairs. we sat at the table and ate breakfast. then we went back upstairs and got ready.

leah drove us to the training centre where we got in the coach to drive us to the stadium.

i sat with beth on the coach and put in my airpods. on the drive i could tell she wanted to ask something.

"what's up beth" i said, pulling out one airpod.

"are you and leah together?" she asked. i laughed.
"yes beth" i said and put my airpod back in.

her jaw dropped and i could tell she was about to scream. my hand slapped over her mouth quickly.
"shh" i said.

leah was sat a few rows in front and looked back. she laughed slightly and shook her head, realising what was happening.

"beth shush man" leah laughed.

"i can't. i knew it" she squealed.

"how could you have known it beth. it happened last night" i laughed again.

"omg who asked who" she asked more quieter as i told her to be quiet again since we don't want everyone listening in.

"she asked me" i said.

we had a conversation and then arrived. we walked into the grounds and into the changing rooms.

"so kiddo. excited for your first match" daan asked.

"yeah. also i'm 20 so not technically a kid" i said.

"ah my bad" daan joked, holding her hands up.

we got into our prematch kit and went out to warm up.

i paired with viv for the warm up and we had a chat while kicking a ball around.

"so you gonna update me on the LW situation" she asked.

"yeah later though" i said with a smile.

"by that massive grin im assuming it's good news" she teased. i nodded.

after the warm up i stood looking around for my mum. she said she would be here for my first game of the season but i can't find her.

i felt a hand at my shoulder. leah was stood behind me and she pointed towards out mums. they were stood deep in conversation. i smiled towards them. my mum looked over and pointed at us to tell amanda. they both waved at us and we waved back.

we went back in the changing rooms and got into our kit. joe gave a speech and some tactics and then the girls went to line up.

i stayed sat on the bench and retied my laces. leah came and sat with me. we were the only ones in here.