47

it's just before the euros and we've found out that jack has got engaged to his girlfriend ella. we actually met up with them a few times and they seemed completely in love.

today is their wedding.

i wore a dress and leah wore a suit. i got henry in his suit and then we went out to go to the venue.

when we got there, there we're a couple of other kids outside. it's a beautiful garden area but the main thing is inside.

henry ran and played with the kids and me and leah went inside.

we went and met ella in her dressing room.

"shit i'm panicking. what if things go wrong" she said.

"oh love. everything will be fine" i said and hugged her.

"im probably just over reacting right" she said.

"not really. leah was like this on our wedding day." i said.

"how did you get over the nerves" she asked.

"i went and saw iz. we didn't plan on seeing each other properly until the ceremony but i couldn't wait. and it calmed me" leah said.

"i think i need a drink" she said.

"what would you like?" i asked.

i took her and her bridesmaids orders and went to the bar to order the drinks.

while waiting i checked on henry who was playing football with the other kids.

i took the drinks back to ella's room and handed everyone their drinks.

after staying in there and somewhat calming ella down, we went to speak to jack.

"hiya mate how you feeling" i asked and hugged him.

"good. how is ella" he asked.

"she's nervous. but she looks amazing" leah said.

"she was panicking a bit last night about things being perfect" he said.

"this is a beautiful place" i said.

"thanks. ella picked it" he smiled.

"it's a great choice. we looked at this place but it was fully booked when we wanted it" leah said.

after speaking for a while, me and leah went back out of the room.

henry came running to us in tears.

"baby what's wrong" leah asked while picking him up.

"i bumped my head" he cried.

"awh baby. was it with another person" i asked kissing his head. he nodded and sniffed.

"let's go sit down my boy, the wedding is about to start" leah said.

we made our way to our seats and henry sat on leah's lap instead of his own seat.

the ceremony started and everything went well. they took their vows, exchanged rings and gave some speeches.

me and leah were gonna do speeches too as jacks best friends.

i got a microphone and stood up.

"so where to even start. i've known jack since year 7. 15 years we've been friends. don't even know how i managed to deal with him for one year let alone another decade and a half. only joking. but honestly, jack is such a sweet guy. he's so kind and caring and passionate about the things he loves. he always puts others first even if it disadvantages himself. he's so supportive of everyone else and he's such a likeable person. that's why this man here is my best mate" i said. "ella, your in good hands with jack here. congratulations mate"