22

fuck.

this can't be happening right now.

as i lay eyes on the man who had made my life a living hell many years ago, my body froze.

what is he doing back here?
how did he get in?

he looked at me with a smug grin.

i'm done.
i'm done being afraid of him. he's taken advantage of me for way too long. i can't let him win again.

"what do you want?" i said.

"hey that's no way to speak to your dad. so disrespectful" he said.

"you lost my respect a long time ago" i said. "and your not my dad"

"what's wrong with you isabel" he said.

i hate that name. in fact i despise it. it's the name he calls me. only him. everyone else uses izzy.

"i've come back to speak to my daughter. catch up." he said "how have you been"

"how did you get in?" i asked

"still have a key" he said dangling it in front of me.

he stepped closer to me and i could smell the alcohol on him.

"where's mum" i asked. im worried. what if he did something to her.

"how should i know. the house was empty when i got here" he said.

"what are you here for dave" i said.

"just to see you. your all grown up now" he said.

"not that you care. cut the bull shit. what are you really here for?" i said. i don't believe a single word coming out of his mouth.

"your new girlfriend dump you? you've come crawling back for mercy?" i questioned. "or is it money? you've gone broke now?"

"i just need 10 grand" he said.

"10 fucking grand. what the fuck for" i said.

"i can't say" he said.

"i know you have the money isabel. you do all this football shit now so you've got it. i've seen on the news how much they're paying you" he said.

"do you really think you deserve a penny from me after how you treated me and mum. the things you did to me" i said. i was very angry and i couldn't feel tears in my eyes. but i won't cry. not in front of him.

"i was a fucking kid" i shouted. "and you tortured me. you abused me. you hit me, kicked me, swore at me"

"you did the worst things that a man could do to his kid. and wife. you put mum through hell. maybe you didnt physically abuse her. but you did to me. and you made her watch and she couldn't do anything about it" i said.

i could tell he was getting angry now.

"you think you deserve anything from me when all you did was hurt me. when you ran off, it put so much less pressure on us. we felt free." i said.

he snapped.

he grabbed me and threw me across the room. i tumbled and fell into the table. hard. i felt a searing pain in my ribs.

i can't let him win now.

i stood up, clutching my ribs.

"get the fuck out." i said as sternly as i could.

"get out before i call the police" i shouted.

"are you fucking deaf. i said leave" i said.

i snatched the key from his hand and shoved him to the door.