Well Shit.

***Hazel's POV (ish)***

It's about 11 a.m when Hazel hears the knock at her door. Khai has gone off to school, and it's just her who's home. Hopeful and curious, she opens the door.

It's not who she hoped for. But it's also no one she recognizes.

"Can I help you?" She asks.

"Hey. Sorry I came out of nowhere. I know you don't know me. You are the mother of Khai Lunar, yes?"

Worry and panic settles over her.

"Yes, why?" She asks, concern evident in her tone.

"Don't worry, it's nothing serious. Mind if I come in?" 

There is a dubious look on Hazel's face, but she nods. The stranger finds a seat on her sofa, and she sits on a matching chair across from him.

"I'm Tobias Reed." He introduces himself.

"Hazel Lunar." She does the same.

"My daughter goes to the same school as your son."

"How do you know where I live?" Hazel is more concerned with this than whatever he has to say.

"Werewolf things." He replies.

Hazel's eyes widen as shock settles in, but she doesn't say anything.

"Now, my daughter's name is Scarlette. A pretty girl, and she's really sweet. Anyways, she told me that Khai is her fated mate. I'm assuming Khai knows that she's his?"

"No, of course he doesn't! He doesn't even know he's a werewolf!" Hazel exclaims.

"How did he make it to 16 years old without knowing?"

"I never told him and... he can't shift. Please don't tell him anything. He'll have questions I'm not prepared to answer. Besides, he'll ask about the pack. I left years ago, when he was just a baby. We were rejects and I didn't want him to live that way. And his father was kicked out the pack. No one knows where he went or what happened, but everyone's just assumed he's become a rogue." Hazel tells Tobias, and he nods thoughtfully.

"I won't say anything, and I'll tell my girl not to, either. But that doesn't change the fact they are fated mates. One day he'll learn what he is. You can't keep it from him forever."

"Thank you for understanding." Hazel smiles, and Tobias nods.

"And just so you know, Scarlette and I are omegas, too. It doesn't matter. So long as we have each other, we're happy."

"Oh, I'm far below omega." Hazel shifts her sitting position, breaking eye contact.

Tobias eyes her, somewhat curious but also somewhat done with her stubborn attitude.

"I respect your decision, Hazel." Tobias starts.

"Good." She replies.

"However," He continues to speak. "I hope you're aware of one other thing. Say Khai is suddenly able to shift. Have you given any thought to how he's gonna feel? Having no idea what he is or what's happening? He'll probably think he's dying, he'll be terrified! But of course, it's your decision, you can't do it if you're not ready. But you should also think about how ready your son will be. He'll be less ready than you if he shifts. I just hope you decide to tell him soon." Tobias stands up after he says this, making his way over to the door. Hazel rises to her feet and follows him.

"Nice talking to you." Tobias says before he leaves. Hazel makes a noise with her mouth and gives him a feigned smile before he steps out the door. She closes the door behind him and watches him leave.