Who's Jatix?

A/N: Quick note so no one gets confused, but in this particular story, a wolf can have a different gender than the person it belongs to.

***Hazel's POV***

"Seriously, I drink one coffee and you're gonna act like this?" I ask my wolf. He ignores me.

"Just because it didn't work out for you -and it could've- doesn't mean it won't work out for him."

"No, it won't. He's not into girls, and his mate is a girl. Tell me how that'll work." I want to know.

"It's fate-"

"I was happy with Rassler. And I still could be."

"Don't you mean you "are" happy with him? You two hang out a lot now... you're acting as if I don't know."

"Mom..? Are you... good?" Khai asks me suddenly, and I try to muffle my wolf.

"Yeah, I'm fine, honey."

"When can I meet him? Now? I really want to!" My wolf interrupts again.

"You need to behave yourself. And no, you cannot."

"I'll never get to meet him, will I?"

"He doesn't know he's a werewolf. Or that I am. Fuck, he doesn't even know we exist. How do you think he's gonna react if I suddenly shift? I want our first meeting to be calm and peaceful, not... chaotic. He'll be afraid, do you want that? And have you thought that he may not be as eager to meet you as you are to meet him?

Silence.

I smile at Khai.

"We're not dating, okay mom? He had a bad dream, I tried to comfort him, I was half asleep... and... and I woke up like that. And you didn't answer my question." Khai pouts.

"What question?"

"Well... were you in my room? How do you know I was hugging him?"

"Yes, I was in your room, but only because I came in to check on you." I reply.

Khai nods.

"But it's not what it looks like, I promise." He adds quickly.

"I know honey, it's okay."

Khai sits down next to me.

"He's... going through some stuff right now."

"Right, you found him in that alley."

Khai seems to suddenly recall something, because his expression becomes concerned and he turns to me, curious.

"Do you know some guy with tattoos and dark ginger hair... I think his name was Jatix?"

My heart just about stops for a second.

"Go on, tell him. Tell him how that man could've been his father, and that he would've grown up being treated like royalty if he was. He could've grown up embracing his nature, not having to conceal it. Even if he doesn't know... his wolf obviously does. Have you thought about what that's like for it? It's itching to get out. It wouldn't have to be like that if it weren't for you being selfish by putting your own wants above everything else. It's your fault Khai knows nothing. You're the one who made both of you outcasts. You thought you were doing something, or protecting him by not telling him anything, when you're the reason it's like that in the first place. It didn't have to be like this. He could've been free-"

"Enough. He's doing fine. Maybe he doesn't even have a wolf. If he did, do you really think it wouldn't talk to him or let him shift just because he doesn't know it's there? Besides, what about a full moon? You can't just stop a shift unless you're a really experienced werewolf."