Breakdown

***TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains scenes related to alcohol abuse and addiction***

"Wait, I have to know you from somewhere... I've seen you before." I say, intrigued.

"How? When?" He asks. 

I don't know why he seems to feel unsettled by this information.

"In a dream..."

He throws his head back and scoffs.

"Really?" He asks, unimpressed.

I shrug and glance to the side.

"C'mon Jatix. We should go back." Another, similar looking male emerges from one of the alleys.

This "Jatix" guy doesn't take his eyes off of me while replying,

"Yeah, we should."

I swallow.

They're just gonna ignore how weird this is? And leave me alone, lost in all this confusion?

"Wait, you can't go!" I protest.

"Who do you think you are, telling me what to do?" He towers over me in a threatening stance.

"I... I- mean... uhm... h-hey do you know where we are?" I stutter.

He returns to his original stance.

"You're lost?" His expression is flat, and he's back to looking unimpressed.

I glance to the side sheepishly.

He scoffs yet again.

"Where do you live?" He asks, sudden interest evident in his expression.

"T-that's the thing... I don't exactly know. I can't remember."

"Fuck it!" The male turns away from me.

Why is he so enraged by this? 

It just keeps getting weirder!

Am I really awake, or is this another dream? 

It seems like it.

Also... maybe I shouldn't trust a stranger who apparently knows me and wants to know where I live.

"A-actually... I think I'm... good." I say.

"Jatix, we do need to-"

"This is important, too." The man snarls.

I swallow. 

Yeah, this just keeps sounding more and more like I'm about to be kidnapped...

Both males glance to the side suddenly, as if they've heard something I didn't. They make eye contact, somewhat suspicious expressions on their faces. It's as if they're trying to figure out what it was.

"That kind of sounded like a scream..." The male who is not Jatix mentions.

They listen intently for a few more seconds, but it becomes apparent that they can't hear whatever they heard anymore. 

I'm about to tell them I never heard anything in the first place when I suddenly realize they may have forgotten about me.

They probably did, because the man sighs, and to my relief, he decides to leave with the other male, after all.

As soon as they're out of sight, I rapidly walk in a random direction.

And, by some random twist of fate, I find Tyrone.

The only thing is, he doesn't really look okay.

In fact, he doesn't look like he's okay at all.