The Better Doctor

***Khai's POV***

I glance at Tyrone, concerned. He seems unresponsive, like he's staring off at something he can't even see.

"Tyrone?" I question, trying to get his attention.

I gasp in alarm when he suddenly slumps over.

Somehow, my reflexes decided they should be functional for once, even though I hardly need them since Tyrone is just falling onto my mattress.

But I catch him, and I lay him down gently.

I act in a surprisingly calm way, even though I'm panicking internally. 

I still don't know why he was so upset when I found him, or what he's been through over the last few days, but he seems a little off.

And something's definitely wrong with him, physically.

Why did he faint? He couldn't have lost that much blood. Sure, his knuckles were bloody, but you don't really bleed out from punching a wall.

Maybe he hasn't been getting enough sleep, or eating enough food. That would explain why he was so exhausted and lethargic.

"Tyrone... Ty, are you okay?" I ask, shaking his shoulder even though I know he fainted and likely won't reply.

I suddenly realize that he won't regain consciousness within a few seconds if he fainted from malnourishment.

But I don't dare leave him here.

What should I do?

My mom is conveniently missing, right when I need her.

"Ty, please wake up." I beg, shaking his arm again.

I rush to my bedroom door, but I don't leave. Instead, I pause in the doorway and call out to my mom at the top of my lungs.

"Mom, can you come!? It's an emergency!"

I run back to Tyrone, trying to calm myself down.

Wait, is he still alive!?

I study him closely, and I'm glad to find that he's still breathing.

After a couple minutes, I hear footsteps running up the stairs, and within a few seconds, Hazel is in my room. 

She looks flushed again, like she's been doing one of her workouts that she apparently does now.

However, concern is evident on her face.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" She asks.

"I was trying to help him and he passed out on me." 

Suddenly, there's tears rolling down my cheeks.

Hazel takes one look at the pile of medical belongings on my bed – efficiently right next to where Tyrone is laying – and begins searching for stuff. 

She pauses to glance at Tyrone.

"Ah, what am I thinking? It won't work on him."

"What won't work on him?" I ask, still crying and panicking.

"Nothing, Khai. And try to calm down a little, alright?"

I nod my head rapidly, fiddling with my fingers out of anxiety.

My brain has so many racing thoughts, and I tend to think things are way more serious than they actually are.

My mom shifts Tyrone's position so he's laying on his back instead of face down on my bed. I probably should've known to do that, but I didn't.