Wingman

So we've reached all the content I was writing throughout NaNoWriMo. It was a fun challenge but at the same time, I was rushing to get my words in. I'm not sure about this chapter, but I think some of the chapters to come (where it was getting towards the end of November) might be a bit fast paced and not fully thought through because I'm a spontaneous writer haha 

So, I apologize in advance.

Enjoy the chapter! :)

Scarlette looks hesitant, but Aimee smiles excitedly and sends her a look that must explain everything clearly, because realization suddenly settles over Scarlette's face, and she smiles brightly.

"Yeah, go ahead!" She says. 

Tyrone seems to internally question her enthusiasm, but he doesn't say anything.

"He's all yours." Aimee adds, twirling her hair and flashing him a smile.

I try not not pull any of my typical Khai expressions, and Tyrone seems a little confused, but also oblivious.

"Great."

"Do you want me to buy you lunch again, Ty?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Khai, you don't have to keep doing this shit for me." Tyrone eyes the girls behind me subtly, then continues, but more quietly this time. "I survived before you got here, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but I'm here now and I wanna make it a little easier for you." I reply, also keeping my voice low. Tyrone gives me a slanted smile.

"Can I even stop you anyway?" He asks.

"Nope." I say confidently.

"Okay, so I got something to tell you, Khai." Tyrone says as we seat ourselves at Tyrone's favourite table.

"Oh. Don't wait any longer, then."

Tyrone chuckles.

"So, I was talking to Mr. Haku this morni-"

"Who's Mr. Haku?" I interrupt.

My stupid curiousity... poor guy.

"He's my English teacher. Anyways, he told me that he found a dance competition that's offering cash prizes to those who place in it. He thought I'd be interested."

"That's awesome, Ty! You could use the money. How much would you make?"

"2,500 for first place."

"Woah, that's crazy, you should go for it! You're really talented."

"Thanks. But... yeah... so the reason I'm telling you is because a minimum of two dancers are required in order to sign up. Its not something I can do by myself."

"Oh." I say. "Well, I'm sure you can find someone-"

"You."

I'm sorry, what?

"Me?" I question, my voice somewhat squeaky from disbelief.

"Tyrone, you know how badly coordinated I am..."

"You actually have a lot of potential, Khai. Besides, we still have plenty of time to train."

I gulp. I tend to do that a lot. People are probably starting to wonder if I'm secretly a bullfrog.

"You don't have to, Khai. I just thought it might be fun." Tyrone says. He looks somewhat saddened.