Doctor Khai

"You-you're gonna take care of me?" I ask.

Wait, so he does know? How? I'm not even-

"Yeah, your knuckles look really bad. I want to make sure you're okay. But again, I don't have common sense and I don't know much medical stuff but you apparently do so you're going to have to walk me through it."

"I feel like that's something you wouldn't want to hear a doctor say." I chuckle, and Khai does, too.

"You don't have to, Khai. I can take care of myself if it's too much of a hassle."

"Shush." Khai commands. "Go lay down."

I put my hands up.

"Whatever you say, Doctor." 

I smile, glad that Khai is feeling more comfortable around me. Now I can get a better insight on what he's really like.

I hope he never stops doing his dumb Khai shit, though. I'd miss it.

I find my way to Khai's room, then let my self sink into his comfortable bed. 

I'm glad to be back.

I also feel a lot calmer knowing my mom is going to be safe now, too.

I study Khai's room while I wait for him, really starting to appreciate the cozy vibe it emits.

I wish I could personalize my room like this.

Even if I could, I have no idea what it'd look like. I don't really know who I am.

"Okay, I got everything I need." Khai rushes in and drops an armful of supplies on the end of his bed.

"Don't you... think that's a bit excessive?" I ask.

Khai pauses in the middle of climbing onto his bed to glance at everything he's brought.

"Don't question the doctor."

"The doctor who doesn't know what he's doing? I have every reason to question you." I joke. Khai chuckles.

"Shut up, okay? My mom always does all this when I get hurt. It must help, cause I heal pretty quickly." Khai explains.

I nod.

"Whatever puts your mind at ease."

"Actually, where is my mom? She'd be really good at this. I didn't see her. Did you?"

I shake my head.

"She was there when I left to go find you..." Khai looks baffled.

Thinking about the guy Hazel only wants to see when Khai isn't around makes me think I'd rather have Khai stop worrying about it.

"It's okay, Khai. I'll try to help you." I offer.

"So you're helping me help you... that works! We're both helping each other, technically." Khai begins fumbling around the with various medical supplies, but after a while, he pauses, glancing straight ahead of himself.

"Which one comes first?" He asks finally.

I study the things he's brought.

"Khai, I'm going to be honest. Half of this shit I've never even seen before."

"Oh." Is all Khai says as he stares back at his pile. But after a short silence, he asks,

"What would you do first?"

"I usually try to disinfect the wounded area. Then I bandage the worst ones."

"Well... so you don't put like... any special creams on it?"