002: ꜱᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ

●~●~●~●~●

The ride home was probably the most fun Sami had had in years.

He sped down country roads, whooping. He'd stopped the alarm, so there was no stress, now, and Glenn had gotten him to pull over so he could jump in with him and was just as enthusiastic. Rick was in the truck, which he never strayed far from since he had the directions. Everyone was inside. 

Sophie held an arm over Danny at first, but he was up on his feet to watch his brother out the front window, now. Taylor sat on the other side, holding her knees to her chest, unsure of what to do. They hadn't planned to stay with this group, and now they were following them to their camp. They hadn't even thought of staying with them.

And Merle was gone. T-Dog dropped the key, so he was stuck on the roof. No one seemed very upset.

He pulled to a stop up at the top of a quarry, where Glenn had directed him with his hands, and turned off that car, laughing, as Glenn and him climbed out, a group of people gathered in front of the car.

"That was awesome!" Glenn yelled, as he practically jumped to stand in front of Sami in front of the car. "Awesome!"

"Awesome!" Sami laughed harder, as did Glenn, as the word came out a little wrong with his thick accent. English words were complicated. There were lots of ways to move your mouth for singular words. At least he now knew what awesome meant, though, so he didn't mind that he'd messed up.

"Yeah, man!" Glenn high fived him.

They hadn't noticed everyone yelling at them.

"God, calm down!" Glenn yelled. 

"Is Andrea okay?" A blonde girl yelled at them.

"Si!" Sami nodded to her. "Si, si, si, Andrea está bien, ya viene de camino."

The girl looked from him to Glenn, as the yelling calmed down. "What did he say?"

"Si means yes, Amy, everyone knowns that. She's fine." Glenn said. 

"Well, why isn't she with you? Where is she?"

"Yes, yes! She's fine. Everyone is." He froze. "Well, Merle not so much."

"You crazy driving this wheeling bastard up here?" A man with dark hair looked at Sami, pissed. "Are you trying to draw every walker for miles?"

"I think we're okay." An older man said.

"You call being stupid okay?"

"The car was going fast enough that the sound would vanish before they could pinpoint the source."

He glared at him.

"I'm not arguing, I'm just saying. It wouldn't help new guy to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?"

Everyone looked at Sami, now, confused and rather frightened looks on their faces.

"Sorry." Glenn put a hand on his shoulder, seeing his confused face, and looked at the others. "This is Sami. He can't understand English. Well, most of it."

The dark haired man scoffed, but looked angrier. "What?"

"He's from . . . Mexico, I think? Somewhere they speak Spanish. So, it could be Spain-"

"You brought some random guy back, who can't even speak English?" The guy laughed humorously.

"He kills walkers really well, better than any of us. And he got us a cool car." Glenn gestured to the car. "Awe-sum car."