Chapter 13 - Meet Illusion

"You find a mysterious journal belonging to a stranger. As you read through it, you realize it's filled with cryptic messages and clues. What do you do next?"

More focused on escaping from the mansion, the Spookneoz had never thought about how the cat died and why it became a ghost while most living beings disappear from Earth when they die. The truth was, that abandoned mansion was the home to an evil monster named Illusion, the dead soul who had never moved on after burning to death, confined to the mansion for some reason. He couldn't escape the abandoned strucure, but he could corrupt the minds of anyone who entered.

When a popular rapstar known as Neo and a duo known as the Spookeez had a singing match in the mansion, unaware that a pair of eyes were watching them from the shadows, Illusion knew he had found his next target. He planted a small seed of doubt and hate inside Neo's mind. He didn't feel its presence yet because it was too small. But over time it would grow and weigh him down. Illusion smiled at the thought. He would be able to see the results through Neo's corrupted mind.

Another power Illusion had was that he could kill living creatures and turn them into ghosts, forever trapped inside the mansion, to torture them. The whole building was filled with them. When Illusion was visited by two little kids looking for the cat he had just killed, he decided to leave them alone, as he already had Neo and didn't want to get confused while messing around with two different brains.

Yes, Illusion lived a peaceful life in his dark abode. There was just one small problem. He had noticed a few humans spying on him from the light, angled perfectly so he couldn't haunt them. He was mildly annoyed at these people as they were invading his privacy. He wondered what business they even had in this building, once burned in a fire and ready to crumble at a single touch. He found out when one of these spies accidentally dropped a journal. Illusion looked through the pages and figured out that the nosy humans were all part of an unnamed organization that was created for the sole purpose of exterminating him. He was incredibly angry at the humans for daring to fight him and came up with a plan to lure them to the shadows and then break their minds. His fun with Neo would have to wait. The rest of the journal held different findings on Illusion. The monster laughed at all the facts that were totally off, but got serious as later on the details started to get more exact and connected. The organization was very close to their final strike, Illusion could tell. He'd have to be careful, or the humans' wild card might just defeat him.