Chapter 20.4 - Failure

I haven't updated in so long! Sorry! (It's only been 4 days but ssh let me have this.)

Andrea hated how sweaty her palms were. She tried rubbing them against the car door for friction, but they still felt disgustingly clammy. She wondered why she was so nervous. All she was going to do was the break the news of her "failure" to her best friend behind the operation. And Grace would probably not get mad at her...right?

Her self-encouragement was thrown out the window though as Grace spat in her face while practically screaming, "What the flip, 'Drea! You let him funking go?!"

Andrea didn't reply, cowering under Grace's sharp gaze. And it didn't help that Marilyn, Frank, and Mia were also staring daggers at her, sitting on the velvet sofa with their arms crossed.

"You've ruined my entire future! I can't believe you could do this to me! I bet you're jealous, huh? That's why! You've been jealous of me! You just want to ruin my entire career!" Grace was sobbing at this point, lifting an accusatory finger at Andrea. "We're through, Andrea! Get out!" 

Andrea blinked twice before her words settled in. "Grace, you mean...we're not friends anymore?" she winced.

"GET OUT!" Grace screamed, end of conversation.

So Andrea slowly got up without a word and walked towards the large front doors. The Kindred family had lost a powerful connection, because of her. She had just lost her best friend, and anything that Picon did in the future would be all her fault. She always messed everything up, didn't she? Andrea almost chuckled at the thought.

Only ten minutes after exiting the white limousine, she was sitting inside once again, hoping that the driver would get lost and she would never get home. She didn't want to be there when her parents found out about her mistake that caused the Gearen family to split up. The rain continued to pour outside. Andrea could barely see. She didn't real feel sad, if she thought about it. She just felt...incredibly neutral. Emotionless. Maybe the depression hadn't settled in yet. She had been friends with Grace since they were little kids, and Grace had simply thrown her away just like that, because of one tiny mistake. Well, it was a big mistake after all. At the same time, Andrea felt more free. Like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. In fact, she felt like she could fly, almost. She didn't know why. Usually she only felt like this in the backstreets of Funkin' City, where she could spend her time away from look-alike paintings to play her music for the local rappers, doing what she liked, something no one else could control. This gave her an idea.

Once they came to a familiar street, she told the driver to stop the car. The driver did so without questioning it and drove off after leaving Andrea on the sidewalk. From here, Andrea knew the way to the back alleys. Instead of going back home, she turned the other way. She just needed some familiarity, something she loved to cheer her up after her devastating loss. She would tell her parents the bad news later, but for now, it was getting dark, and Andrea had other plans.