Chapter 19.1 - Paintbrush

"These humans are becoming a regular on my property!" the Lemon Demon growled. "I forgave them at first, but they are here again? It appears I let them off too easy!" He thought to himself for a minute. "But I can take petty revenge. Skid, you're up." He had even named his new henchman after the old ones.

Skid, his name really being Skod, stood up straight and alert, ready to carry out his master's next order.

"Hmm...I like his paintbrush. Very colorful, the thing," the Lemon Demon mused. "Skid, go steal it for me. I will keep for my...collection, that I have yet to start."

Skod nodded and slinked through the darkest parts of the room, making sure not to be seen by the humans.

The Spookeez illusion had disappeared, and after a third round of singing, the bluenette was spent. He got ready to sleep on the hard wooden floor again, laying out very old, stained matresses his partner found somewhere inside the mansion. Skod waited until he was sure the humans were fast asleep before sneaking towards their still forms, his arms outstretched for the paintbrush. He had to tug it with a bit of force, as the painter's fingers were wrapped tightly around the object, but he managed to hold it in the air victoriously. Before he could make his retreat, however, a low voice startled him.

"I knew we were being watched, you sleazy bastard." Skod turned around to see the dangerous thug fully awake and standing, holding out his can of spray paint with his pointer about to press the trigger, aimed directly at the thief.

"Give it back then." The Lemon Demon's words resonated through Skod's ears. He gently threw the brush to the human, who caught it easily one-handed.

"I'll let you go this time," he snarled, watching with narrowed eyes as Skod quickly made a run for it. The human didn't follow him, much to his relief, as he hid in the safety of the shadows.

"What was that?" Psump shouted, slapping the back of Skod's head.

"Ouch!"

"You're nothing like Skid," the Lemon demon sighed. "Fine then, new task. When they wake up, we shall collect as many sad soul emotions from then as we can. And by we, I mean you two. For now though, let's have some more fun. I trust you'll be able to handle it, Pump?" He gave a pointed look towards Skod, who grinned sheepishly. Psump nodded and did a mock salute. At least these two substitutes almost had the same amount of spunk the Spookeez did.