Chapter 4

Shi Jin's pov

Dr. Han opens the door to the rooftop, the wind blowing in all directions as you see a helicopter approaching in the air. I follow her out into the open, the night wind chilly as if blowing over the rooftop of Haesung Hospital. 

'That's coming to get me.' I say as the helicopter slowly gets lower in the air towards the other side of the rooftop, the sound of the wind getting louder. I glance at Dr. Han, her hair riding the wind. The helicopter lands, the door slowly opening for me to get into. 

'I have to go now.' I say again to Dr. Han, her turning to face me. I stare at the city lights softly framing her face, half of her face hidden in the shadows, her eyes looking lonely like a candle standing on the edge of a cliff. 

'When I come back, how about I take you out to the cinema? As your lifesaver, not patient.' I yell through the sound of the propellers on the helicopter, Dr. Han staring back at me silently. 

'Yes or no?' I ask, stepping closer and gently placing my hands on her shoulders. 

'If you don't reply, I'll take that as a yes.' I say, my lips arching upwards at her confused expression. 

'Ne.' She replies, surprisingly agreeing to my offer. I give her blank face another smile, waving her hand and sprinting towards the helicopter. 

Y/n's pov

You agree, mostly thinking that he would forget about it when he came back from whatever work he was on, knowing that this man would not let you get away if you said no. He runs over to the helicopter, the sound of the propellers and engine ringing across the whole rooftop. 

'I'll see you soon!' He yells from the helicopter, half hanging outside as it gets ready to fly up once more. 

You watch the helicopter leave into the dark night, the events of the evening feeling like a whole odd dream. Before you get another glimpse at the helicopter, your phone rings, showing Dr. Park's name on the screen. You swipe to take the call, the sound of the usual chaos in the ER coming through the speaker. 

'Are you at home?' He says on the phone as you open the door to the rooftop once again, running down the stairs towards the elevator. 

'I'm still at the hospital.' You reply, pressing the bell, the elevator door opens as you push the button for the ground floor, hitting the close button multiple times. 

'We've got patients who fought in the bar. One stabbed in the stomach, his organs are bleeding, one smacked on the head with the soju bottle so needs to pick out all the glass pieces. Just..get here quick. The OP room number 2 with the organ bleeding patient is ready for you.' He says, hanging up as you enter the ER, running through the corridor towards the operation room. 

Changing out of your button-down shirt and skirt into your scrub once more, you could already know that tonight would be another long night. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[past]

'Eomma!' You yell through the corridor in Han estate, the empty house feeling hollow as you run while brushing your fingers through the books filled in the bookshelves lining the entire wall up to your mother's room. 

'Eomma. When are we leaving?' You ask, peeking through the door at your mother and Mr. Lee, her guard preparing their suitcases. Your mother turns to face you with an unsettling smile, her lips smiling yet her eyes looking sad as she takes you into her arms.