Chapter 34

Y/n's pov

You pull the hood of the black raincoat lower on your forehead, taking back the USB now open with a password on a small note, and leave the "laundrette". Shoving your hands in the pockets of the raincoat, you speedwalk back toward the hospital, the alleyway now dark and rainy from the winter rain. 

Without walking into the lobby, you enter the hospital through the entrance of the car park, pressing your car key with your hand still inside the raincoat. You glance at your surroundings to make sure nobody is watching before slipping into the back seat of your car and taking out your laptop. Removing the raincoat hood and mask covered in rainwater, you take the USB and plug it back into the laptop. The same folder comes up, which you click on and enter the password to the hacker owning the laundrette gave you. 

02452830

The folder opens, and you glance at the front seeing nobody entering the parking lot before looking closely at the screen. You find three voice notes, numbered from one to three in line. Moving your cursor over the first one, the file pops up, the North Korean patient's voice flowing out. 

'You must be wondering why and how I know you. And why Captain Yoo was shot. I'm leaving you with these for you to take care of. Because...I don't have much time left anyway. What I mean to tell you is that...I was the bait. Bait for Captain Yoo to take.' 

You pause the voice note, trying to decipher the man's words before carrying on listening. 

'...because even though we are from the other ends of this separated nation, I have a lot of respect for him as a friend. Captain's commander, Lieutenant Park somehow knew this. They must have known when we only had scrapes after each encounter with each other, when normally we soldiers are supposed to fight to death for our countries. Why I'm telling you this is all explained in the second file I obtained through wiretapping Lieutenant Park's call with your brother. You should find out about that yourself.' 

The first voice note ends, and you stare at the screen blankly trying to get your mind together, your hands starting to tremble as you force your finger to move onto the file labeled "2". 

'Second summit. In Seoul. Yoo Shi Jin will be leading the alpha team.'  

'I'm not crazy to get involved with North Koreans.'

You freeze again, stopping the recording as you bite your lips hearing your brother's voice on the other line Lieutenant Park. Tasting the coppery tang of your own blood, you feel the chills down your back, your suspicion about your brother being somehow involved in the incident slowly being confirmed. 

'I'm also not crazy enough to risk my entire career and life to involve a civilian in this. What I'm saying is...we move him. Alone.' 

'How. He's the one who managed to protect not only himself but my useless sister for months even after I spent millions on the plan. And you think he'll say yes sir and follow you out in the middle of a mission?'

'Director Han. I understand you are not convinced. But I have something special for him...Like a bait.'

'Don't fucking suggest you kidnap my sister. That stupid soldier of yours will not behave like a civil human when she's on the line. I've seen that happen. He wiped an entire human out of this world the last time I tried. He will not obey your orders.'