Chapter 39

Y/n's pov

Regardless of how the situation at the court went, you were back in the ER without having time to gather your thoughts together. After leaving the courthouse, you dropped Captain Yoo at the base and made your way back to Haesung Hospital as well. 

Despite the night already setting in, your work was far from being finished. The fact that there were fights at a concert didn't help, patients with bloody wounds coming in all drunk and some being unable to comply with your requests.

'I'm going to lift your hair so I can see the cut.' You tell a drunk boy dressed in black and silver chains staring blankly into the distance, the blood dripping from his forehead. 

'Ya. Don't touch me.' He says, pushing your hand away as the nurse comes with the tray of supplies. 

'You have a cut there and I need to see.' You say again, slower this time, in the hopes that he would finally comply with your words. You try to push his hair covered in wax, but the teenage boy only shouts something incoherent as he stands up, the tray with tools crashing onto the floor. The nurse pulls you backward, the boy pointing a box cutter at you. You hear the other patients scream as the patient swings the box cutter around despite some of his friends yelling at him to "calm the fuck down".

'Put it down or we'll call security.' Dr. Park says as he leaves the patient he was looking at an intern and making his way over to you and the nurse. 'Put the knife down.' He repeats as he tries to hold down the patient's arms, but the nurse yelps as the patient swings the box cutter across Dr. Park's arm. 

You try to check on Dr. Park, but the drunk patient turns to you, shoving the box cutter around the air. Before anyone calls the security guards, you feel someone pull you backward, the drunk patient yelling something incoherent as he falls onto the ground. 

'Looks like another one who should join the army.' You look up, seeing Sergeant Seo standing next to you watching Captain Yoo restrain him on the floor as the security guards come running to the ER. 

'How did you both get here?' You ask the two soldiers as Captain Yoo stands up, the patient now being restrained by the security guards. 

'We came to pick you up. I see your work can be as dangerous as...the department store.' Captain Yoo replies nonchalantly, looking around the ER with a bunch of drunk patients with his hands on his waist. 

(ootd)

(ootd)

Shi Jin's pov

'So that's why you lost the trial?' Myung Joo asks sourly as we all sit in the restaurant that Dr. Han brought us to keep her promise that she would treat Dr. Kang to a full-course meal at a high-end Korean restaurant.