Chapter 20

Shi Jin's pov

'The US CIA is asking for cooperation from the Korean army to not interfere with the gang. They are supplying them with the weapons.' Lieutenant Yoon says to me as I stand in front of him in the office, referring to Argus' gang. 

'But these are the smuggled weapons, Lieutenant.' I say, his expression falling as he sits back in his seat.

'They want us to keep him alive just until their mission is over. I know you do not agree with this request, but this is politics. Not a military matter.' He replies, and I nod grimly, saluting before I leave his office.

Y/n's pov

(secretly enjoying picking ootds)

You sit by the rocks, the sunlight falling through the large stone structure of Uruk. Despite the peaceful scenery, the insides were nothing peaceful, thinking back to your suspicion that Han Seok Won did not send you here for medical volunteering now being proven correct. You look up as you hear footsteps on the pebbles towards you, seeing Captain Yoo walking over and sitting next to you. He holds out a cup of instant coffee, which you gladly take. 

'They want the army to keep Argus alive. Just a little longer.' He says, studying your expression as you hold the stainless steel cup in your hands. 

'Fine.' You say, sipping the coffee. Captain Yoo looks up at you with a confused face, as if to ask why you seem unbothered by that. 

'Now that I know who my enemy is, I wasn't going to do anything else. My goal is just to get out of here alive.' You say, Captain Yoo's gaze moving to his own coffee in his hands. 'If he can't kill me, he won't get paid. Then they will just end up destroying each other by themselves. And I'll watch that with some good wine.' You explain, Captain Yoo's lips arching bitterly. 

'You don't have to worry about dying then.' He replies, finally drinking his coffee. 

'I still want to know how much Han Seok Won paid him to get rid of me.' You say, Captain Yoo coughing hearing your words. 

'You sound so casual talking about scary things.' He says, watching your indifferent face. 'Most of the children are healthy, by the way.' He adds, quickly changing the subject. 

'That's good to know.' You say, sipping the warm coffee, the taste sweet from the instant mix composed of almost more sugar than actual coffee. 

'Now that things about work are out of the way, how is your morning going?' Captain Yoo asks, watching your hair ride the warm breeze under the sun. 

'It's the same as any other day. Checking people from the earthquake.' You reply dryly, his lips arching upwards as he places his coffee down next to him. He reaches his hands over to your hair, tugging your hairband back before brushing off the loose strands.