Chapter 50

Surveillance footage 140220248

The media company flips over once more over the death of Haesung's daughter after the disrupted live show and an article from their top leading reporter. 

Not only the media company, Haesung's headquarters too. 

'After the very suspicious CCTV footage from the Metropolitan police, Han-ssi's car was pulled out of the river finally, days after her death. The newly assigned police force, those from the Incheon police station states that this case has been reopened for investigation. If that's not a clearer message this case may not have been a simple drunk driving suicide, now we have a witness who claims to have been together with the Han-ssi that night. The police will be looking into it in more detail.' The same reporter says into the camera, gesturing at the police line thrown over the deceased doctor's car, the sides crushed with the broken window. 

'Ya! What is this. I told you to stop them at all costs.' The Chairman screams at the secretary, him only bowing apologetically at the Chairman. 

'The thing is...the police...they all had the official legal warrant and everything. And the lead detective called O Ji Hyuck...he won't come around for money either because he comes from it already. The Metropolitan police said there's nothing they can-' 

'Then you'll just let them look at everything? I don't care about the background fairy tale of whoever is involved.' The Chairman cuts the secretary's words, yelling as he shakes his pointed finger in front of the secretary's face. 'You, keep an eye on the police and whoever that fly reporter is. And fix this mess before the inauguration in six months.' He orders, the secretary quickly lowering his head and disappearing out of the office. 

'This little bitch won't even die quietly.' The Chairman hisses as he turns around from the secretary, his jaw tense as his eyes turn cold as he sees the live comments of the news showing up on the screen.  

kim_soo0: wait really?

nobodyishere2029: then she didn't drink and was murdered

pilatesgirl: shut up that's scary

funnythings13: are they the ones who killed her

odongsoo: freaky af

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor turns her second phone off as the news ends, almost rolling her eyes at the public's reaction. She looks up at the man in disguise entering the dark apartment with a bag of food at the entrance, the man taking his shoes off and entering. He places the food on the table, removing his wig as the doctor smiles at him. 

'Looks like everything is going to plan so far. We just need to drag the issue until Han Seok Won becomes the chairman in about six months.' He says, unpacking the food from the plastic bag. 'And I brought some proper food. You've been living off of those cupped food for days.' He says again, the doctor lifting herself off of the chair and moving to the kitchen table. 

'Thank you.' She replies as the man helps her sit back down at the table, a row of kimbap and tteokbokki now set on the table. 

'So. Now what.' The man says as he sits down on the other side of her, watching the doctor gladly sip the fish cake soup. The doctor leans back in her seat, her eyes unreadable as the corner of her lips arch.