Chapter 48

CCTV footage 130220241

The News outlets are all talking about the death of Haesung's daughter. 

On the big screens around Seoul city, people's homes, on the phone screens of those taking the subways and buses to work and school. 

The Captain stares at the phone screen, the live news playing about how the event happened, his eyes rimmed red on the bus, his fingers tense holding the phone. He furrows his brows, his eyes reading the comments of the anonymous people. 

Shi Jin's pov

After Sergeant Seo and I had returned to Seoul, Lieutenant Yoon granted us some time off for what we endured and for what we came back to. I glance up at the next station being announced, waiting for the Seoul Incheon police station to show up on the screen. The police department that investigated Dr. Han's case was from the main Seoul Metropolitan Investigation office, but I remembered the detectives who helped us with my case against Haesung and Lieutenant Park were from Incheon. 

'The police revealed that Han-ssi had been driving past the normal speed of the vehicle over the Sung Soo bridge, and from the CCTV footage, they suggested that she was likely to be under heavy alcohol at the time of the incident. This is the CCTV footage that the police released.'   

The male reporter says, the screen turning to show Dr. Han's car on the bridge. I see her car driving at full speed from the road to the bridge over Han River, the footage lasting only a few seconds before returning back to the female reporter. 

'The police did not release the entire footage for security reasons. They suggested that this would cause social controversy especially when the general public's awareness of drunk driving is heightened. Even then, some are speculating that Haesung is connected to the police and that they do not want to lose their face from their daughter's heinous crime. Remember, drunk driving is a crime that could risk not only yours but other's lives too.' The reporter says, the other panels nodding as they agree. 

I look down at the live comments of the public as the reporters keep discussing the case, feeling sick at the news. 

sheeple14ss: always those people who have money do terrible things just get away. all the time. imagine she killed someone with her

nobody0-0: didn't she have another person in the assistant's seat? she pushed her off of the driving car wtf

dongsoo90: just look at her brother what did you expect from her too

lolking123: still she died. don't talk like that

anonexw44: just because someone died it doesn't make them any better

anonexw44: like she broke through the guardrail? is she gonna pay for the damage or what

kim_so_soo: but why is the police not getting the car back out of the water? 

subscribeme: why would they? it was a suicide case. nothing to look more

idontcare78: she honestly was beautiful, too bad she died

singlecellbrain: yea even if she didn't die she's not even going to meet you

kim_so_soo: who wouldn't look nice if you have all that money 

ttori_anon: her figure was beautiful too though

ttori_anon: wish i had dat

youn125: again, if you get nice food every day then why wouldn't you have a good figure