PART 3: War - Chapter 42

Y/n's pov

You had spent the last five months trying to forget about everything as Captain Yoo wished in his will, working for almost 20 hours a day with two hours of sleep every night. People noticed the change, yet they didn't comment anything which you were indeed very grateful. 

Even then, the physical pain of overworking for months did not get rid of the stinging in your mind, the questions tugging at your thoughts every time you were left by yourself in the dark. 

'I apologise for what I am going to do. But you didn't keep your word to come back, so I won't either.' You whisper to yourself, getting off of the elevator as it stops at the floor of Han Seok Won's office. 

Taking a deep breath, you stand straighter, bursting open the door. Han Seok Won looks up from his desk in surprise, his eyes scanning you in your usual scrub and white coat, his gaze lingering on your sarcastic smile. 

'What do you want.' He says bluntly as you close the door, locking it securely with a click.

'You killed them right?' You ask nonchalantly, scratching your head as you walk closer to him at the desk. His expression distorts, tossing his pen onto the desk and leaning back in his seat as you take his business card and the lighter. 

'What the fuck are you on about now.' He growls, snatching the lighter off of your hand as you light his business card on fire, the flame catching up to his name on it. 

'You know what I'm talking about.' You say, holding up the burning paper in front of him. He retracts backward from the flame, to which you only blow on it, the smoke wafting into his face. 

'Get out.' He hisses, shoving the flaming business card out of your hand into the bin, and pouring his entire cup of coffee over it to extinguish the fire. 'I said get out!' He screams into your unwavering face, stepping closer to him as he comes around the desk to stand in front of you. 

'So it was you.' You say, crossing your arms as Han Seok Won glares at you. 

'What?' He shouts again, raising his hand only to stop mid-air as you furrow your brows. 

'Captain Yoo, Sergeant Seo.' You say slowly, placing his tie inside his blazer and tugging at his collar to straighten it a little harshly to be a caring move. 'I told you what I'll do to you if you touch my people.' Instead, Han Seok Won grabs your wrists, pushing them off of him with a malicious smile that does not reach his eyes. 

'So. You're going to...what. Release another illegally recorded whatever to the flies?' He says, his lips arching upwards as he steps closer to you by the door. 'As you saw, that doesn't hurt me even a single bit.' He whispers his vicious eyes glaring into yours as you hollowly stare into his face. 

'You always think I'm showing you everything I'm capable of. It's cute, really.' You reply, Han Seok Won's face distorting in anger as you reflect his own smile back. 

'As you can see, I now have nothing to lose again. Unlike you.' You say quietly, gazing down at the burnt business card in the distance by his desk. 'I only have things to take back.' Han Seok Won's lips tremble in anger hearing you speak, growling something in fury before he turns back with his fists shaking. 

'So try to protect everything around you. Even though you'll fail.' You say as he whips back around to face you, shaking his pointed finger at you with his entire body shuddering in rage.