Chapter 40

Y/n's pov

Both of you, remember this evening. At my office.

You sigh, craning your head back after looking at your screen in the bathroom, your father calling you and Han Seok Won to the headquarters. You already know what is coming. 

Your father, the chairman of Haesung Group is going to talk about the heir to you both before it becomes official to the public. Rolling your eyes, you take your phone to text Captain Yoo. You knew he said that he wouldn't be able to see messages from where he was earlier, but you thought you would leave a note just in case. 

Captain Yoo

You: I'm going to the biggest department store. 

You: probably as bad as yours

You take a deep breath, reminding yourself that now is the time for another battle. 

Haesung loved weaknesses. Clearly not because they wanted to embrace people's weaknesses and strengths as they pretend to, but because they thought they had an upper hand in things if they knew people's wounds. 

That meant you couldn't show that you were terrified to your bones about them coming after Captain Yoo and everyone else around you. At least for tonight.

'That's what I've been doing all my life.' You say to your own reflection in the mirror by the sink, wiping off the tearstains from your face with cold water. 

(ootd prolly not sunglasses because it's the evening 🤡)

The Haesung's driver opens the door for you, and you get out of the car, looking up at the massive Haesung's headquarters in front of you. The H.S. logo on the top shines in silver, looking as jagged and frozen as its insides. 

'Han ee-sa-nim.' The guard urges you to go in, and you glance at Han Seok Won's car arriving behind yours as you walk towards the door. From the corner of your eyes, you see Han Seok Won hurriedly getting out of the car, fastening his pace seeing you reach the elevators before him inside the building. You feel the corner of your lips move up watching his frantic expression, Han Seok Won glaring at you watching your smirk. The guard motions at you to get into the elevator, which you comply, turning around to see Han Seok Won speedwalking towards you.

'Close the door.' You say to the guard, the young guard in a suit that doesn't fit him hesitating as Han Seok Won shouts at him to not listen to you. Glancing at the guard, he flinches at your gaze, pressing the "close" button. You wave your hand as the elevator door closes right in front of Han Seok Won's face, the elevator starting to move up to the top floor where it's the chairman's room. 

'Ya! That-' You hear your brother yell even as the elevator reaches the third floor, the guard behind you looking nervous. 

'Are you new?' You ask blandly, looking at his reflection from the mirror in front of you.