Chapter 6

Y/n's pov

'This, is the airport?' Mo Yeon asks as you all land in Uruk, the airport showing nothing but a few marks on the ground, everything else just bare land stretching far into the distance. You take your coat off, just leaving yourself with a white blouse and ivory shorts for the warmer weather in Uruk.

 You take your coat off, just leaving yourself with a white blouse and ivory shorts for the warmer weather in Uruk

*ootd (because I can)

'Well, this is great.' You say sarcastically as you look around, the warm sunlight flowing down to the ground as the breeze washes over the medical team waiting for the military escort to the base. Looking up, you see the helicopters near the airport, the wind starting to blow harder from the propellers. You squint your eyes against the sand riding the wind, seeing the helicopter's door open, and the soldiers coming off of it.

The wind stops blowing gradually as the propellers stop moving, the soldiers making their way towards the medical team coming into view. You notice Captain Yoo in the midst of them, his sunglasses making it impossible to see whether he was looking at you. They stop in front of the medical team, all their faces stern as they scan the team.

'We're peacekeepers from Taebaek base. We'll be escorting you to the base where you'll be staying. But first, place all your belongings in these.' One of them says, the others handing everyone a large bag.

'That's him, no?' Mo Yeon whispers to you as you take your suitcase, emptying the contents into the bag.

'Yeah.' You reply, Mo Yeon stopping to organise her bag and looking at you.

'Well isn't that interesting.' She comments, you only silently open your suitcase. Taking out your clothes, you place them one by one into the bag, careful not to crumple them up as you doubted that a place like this would have a clothing iron. Just before you reach for a thin shirt, the wind blows over it, flying into the air behind you.

Reaching your hand you try to catch it, the breeze only carrying it further. Standing up, you see Captain Yoo walking over to you. He walks past you, his face looking blank although his sunglasses hide his eyes. He picks up your shirt, removing the dirt from it. His stiff expression remains as he turns to face you, handing back the shirt. You take it from him silently, as he reaches his hand out to you, awkwardly turning back to packing the bag.

Once you all finish packing, the soldiers bring you to the base, various tents around the medical containers that you saw on the slide back in Seoul.

'Y/n-ah!' Mo Yeon calls from your tent, her already organising her things on the shelves. You make your way towards her, placing the bag on the chair.

'It feels like we're camping.' She says as you open your bag, Nurse Choi and Nurse Ha also joining the two of you.

'Il-byung Kim Ki Bum! Reporting to you as a peacekeeper in Uruk!' Mo Yeon turns at the voice, seeing the teenage patient from the ER standing by your tent.