Chapter 43

Y/n's pov

'Ella? Long time no talk

'Ella? Long time no talk. I've heard the news of what happened. I'm sorry for everything you had to go through.' You hear Daniel's voice on the phone on your desk as you stare at the pinboard in front of you in your study. 

'I know. I wish I could have spoken to you sooner. But things are a little urgent here as you probably guessed.' You reply, having heard from Myung Joo that Daniel was conveniently volunteering in Afghanistan right now. You take a red pin, placing Lieutenant Park's picture against the board, and shoving the pin in. 

Right into his forehead.

'Of course, how can I help?' He asks as you move to lean against the desk, looking at Lieutenant Park's face pinned on the board, right in his forehead. 

'I found out Captain Yoo and Sergeant Seo...passed away in Afghanistan. Apparently, there was another group of armed men when their official mission had finished who started attacking them. And I suspect that they are Haesung's dirty work again.' You explain, your eyes shifting over to Han Seok Won and your father's face on the other side of the pin. 'I'm going to chase them down until the end of the earth.' You say, Daniel staying silent for a few seconds on the other side before replying.

'That...could indeed be possible. There is a lot of corruption in here too. If someone in Afghanistan helped Han Sung Dae, it could well be the case.' Daniel responds, his voice sounding serious. You bite your thumb nail nervously, listening to his words. 

'I'll look into it. I grew close with the prime minister here for treating his condition, so I could ask him if he could get something out of the military and Korean embassy.' He says, and you finally sigh in a tiny bit of relief. 'But it might take a while. Things here aren't as fast-paced as Seoul and even worse for security over things like that. It could take weeks or months to get something out of them.' He warns, and you nod slowly even if he can't see you. 

'I understand. Thank you.' You say in the end, Daniel bidding you safety before you both hang up. 

'Weeks and months?' You ask yourself quietly, looking at the pinboard, taking the red string, and connecting Lieutenant Park and Han Seok Won. 'Great time for a long-term project.' 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Omo, omo, Han ee-sa-nim!' Miss Gong, the lady in her early 40s at the real estate office exclaims as she sees you enter the building, ushering you into the VIP consultation room through the corridor. 'What brings you here? I heard your land in Yeon Nam Dong jumped up in prices by tenfold!' She says, hinting that she was your loyal real estate agent that expanded your personal properties.