Chapter 17

Y/n's pov

(ootd bc I keep forgetting to add it and my pinterest board is exploding)

'What was that yesterday? Did you confess to Captain Yoo in your will or something?' Nurse Ha asks you at the breakfast table the next day, everyone's eyes on you suddenly.

'That must be it, right? He asked about her "real feelings"' Dr. Song says slapping his leg, not noticing your awkwardness while you reach for water.

'Be quiet.' Nurse Ha says to him, turning to look at you from the other side of the table with a smile.

'Was that really it?' Mo Yeon asks from next to you, drinking her orange juice.

'I didn't mean to but it... happened.' You lie, clearly being unable to tell that you included how to destroy Haesung and recorded your mother and Mr. Lee's last moments.

'Ya, really? I still remember you whining that you weren't going to see him again.' Mo Yeon says as she raises her eyebrows, enjoying her fruit.

'That's why they say lovers fighting each other is useless. Even the soldiers knew it and they bet on you.' Dr. Song says, putting jam over his toast as you awkwardly smile. 'Whether you really like him or not.' He finishes, and your smile falters.

'I didn't know Dr. Han's type was someone like Captain Yoo.' Nurse Choi says, holding her mouth as Nurse Ha gives her a look.

'So you're together now?' Mo Yeon asks, and you realise you have dug yourself a hole where you would put your coffin.

'I..I don't know.' You reply, Dr. Song waving his hand at you with a frown.

'Eo! It's time.' Mo Yeon says, standing up from her seat as Nurse Ha and Nurse Choi do the same, referring to the time when soldiers would be doing their morning runs. They stare at you as you stay in your seat, Mo Yeon gesturing at you to follow them.