Chapter 25

Shi Jin's pov

I circle every ward in medicube for the second time this morning looking for Dr. Han after checking the dining hall.

'Have you seen Dr. Han this morning?' I ask Nurse Choi organising the medical supplies outside, her writing something on paper.

'Not this morning but I saw her talking to the police for a second last night. Maybe she's still with them.' She replies, her looking confused as she sees my expression change feeling my gut drop.

'Are you sure they were real police?' I ask again, Nurse Choi only timidly shaking her head.

Running to the car park, I open the car door, getting into the driver's seat and starting the car. I pull out of the parking lot, pedaling the accelerator toward the town.

Surveillance footage 2024nxber

'Let go.' The doctor glares at the gang members as they handcuff her hands, pulling her up from the chair.

'I said let go-' She repeats through her messed up hair, twisting her arms in front of her as they put her one hand into the ring before the other.

'I'm letting you get some fresh morning air. You should be grateful.' The gang leader enters, coming to a stop in front of the doctor, her eyes glinting in fury before her lips curl up through the tears.

'Just kill me. That's what you got paid that dirty money for.' She replies, struggling against the gang members pushing her out of the building.

'I can't yet. I haven't had my satisfaction yet.' The gang leader responds, grabbing her hair and shoving her forward into the car.

Shi Jin's pov

Driving into the town, the car skids to a stop as I press the brake seeing a familiar red dress from the window, seeing Fatima standing on the road with her arms in handcuffs. I get out of the car, running towards her as she falls from the gunshot wound to her leg. Taking my gun out from my belt, I point at the gang members, the girl crying as she holds her wound.

I feel my eyebrows furrow as they gesture at the car next to them, Argus pushing Dr. Han out of the car as she glares at him with livid eyes. She struggles against the gang members with her hands shackled together, Argus shoving the back of her head with a pistol. I watch her flinch, her eyes glistening in anger through the strands of messy hair. I instantly drop my gun as they bring her in front of me in the distance, and hold my hands up seeing Argus walk closer to me.

'You finally understand what I mean.' He says as he looks down at my gun below. 'I don't want much. I just want my escape route secured.' He adds, crouching down to me supporting Fatima on the ground. I look to Dr. Han watching Argus with venomous eyes in the distance, unblinking even as they water from dryness.

'My weapons will be delivered to North Uruk at midnight. And after that, the US soldiers will kill me.' He says again as I glare at him. 'So I need you to make my way out. Or else she dies.' He growls, gesturing at Dr. Han in the distance. The gang members bring her back to the car, the three holding her captive pushing her forward. I watch her spit in the gang's face, the gang only grabbing her hair and shoving her into the back seat.

'I swear I will kill you with my own two hands.' I reply, Argus grinning at me without understanding Korean.

'Using your language as a weapon? That's unfair.' He says, leaving towards the car.