Chapter 19

Y/n's pov

[past, 4 years ago]

'Eomma?' You run into the corridor towards your mother's room, abandoning your certificate of appointment for Professor in Emergency Medicine onto the floor as you hear a glass shatter. 

'Y/n, you have to get out of here.' Your mother says as she pushes a man in a black mask holding a gun away, bashing his head with a vase. You look around, the glass shattering as the men in black masks and suits stream into the corridor, taking their guns out. 

12 black muzzles. 

12 triggers. 

12 fingers on the triggers.

'Eomma!' You shout in surprise as she pushes the unconscious man onto the floor, her hands covered in blood. The man falls to the ground with a thud, your mother's desperate eyes covered in tears glaring into you as you watch the men with guns surround her. 

'I said get out!' She screams, pushing you onto the ground away from the men as you reach for her. You see the sting in your legs from the glass pieces on the floor as you fall, feeling numb as you try to push the men out of the way. 

Click.

You hear the tiny click of the trigger, followed by the blasting screech from the gun, the muzzle exploding out in blinding light before the smoke fills the air. Standing up, you feel the coppery blood on your feet as you try to pull the men away. 

'Y/n, listen carefully. You can never go back to Seoul. Whatever happens, stay here. Never go back.' Your mother says, blood oozing out from her mouth as she speaks watching you through angry tears. 

Click.

Another roaring cry rings in your ear, the grey smoke stuck in your throat as you see the blood spatter onto the wall. 

'EOMMA!' You yell as her body lurches up, not hearing your own voice through the earsplitting tinnitus in your ears.

Click.

Click.

'EOMMAAA!' You scream as you see her eyes roll up before closing, the blood spraying on the clear windows raining down red as you feel someone restrain your arms, dragging you backward from the armed men. 

'What are you doing?' You say as you look at Mr. Lee pulling you away from the scene, opening a tile from the ground, putting you under.

'I'll be right behind you.' He replies as you watch your mother's body fall, the armed men turning toward him. 

'No don't leave me.' You say, pulling his arm with you into the enclosed area under the tile. 

'You have to go. Now!' He yells, shoving your hand away from him. 

'Ajussi!' You shout as his face scrunches up, the bullet hitting his back as you feel the blood spatter on your face. 'AJUSSI!' You scream as he lurches forward, steadying himself by the wall. 

'Y/n, you have to get to where we used to play hide and seek when you were young, okay? You know where that is, right?' He says as he smiles down at you, putting the tile down against you trying to hold it upwards. 

'Don't touch him, please!' You scream at the men holding him backward, Mr. Lee grinning back at you through his tears as he shoves the tile above you with his foot.