Chapter 29

Y/n's pov

You see your father, O Min Jung, and Han Seok Won already sitting at the dinner table as the waitress leads you to your seat, the three looking up from their conversations. Taking your seat, you feel your lips arch seeing their gaze fixed on the scar on your shoulder.

'Apologies. OP ran over.' You say as you take the seat, the three watching you silently in an uncomfortable mood, despite you acting like you are oblivious. Han Seok Won's eye twitches watching you take the champagne glass in front of you, sipping the alcohol.

'Isn't it basic manners to cover something like that up when you come to an important event? Some people don't have a strong stomach

'Isn't it basic manners to cover something like that up when you come to an important event? Some people don't have a strong stomach.' O Min Jung, Han Seok Won's mother says slowly, eyeing your scar as you glance at your own open shoulder.

'Let's not get things heated at the dinner table. Looks like you dealt a lot over there doing such good things as a doctor.' Han Sung Dae says to his wife, turning to you as you place the champagne glass in front of you.

'Oh, you didn't know? I thought you would know what happened.' You say, pushing the glass with your fingers forward onto the middle of the table. Glancing up, you see Han Seok Won's lips twitch, signaling at you to shut your mouth, but you ignore him. 'Looks like my brother didn't tell you.' You say to O Min Jung keeping her composure next to you.

'I was in some...accidents.' You reply, staring at Han Seok Won glaring at you away from his parents. 'Or whether they were accidents or not, I'm not sure. It was a warzone. You don't know what will happen to you in the next ten minutes.' You say, your father only giving a fake smile on his lips although you see the calculating look in his eyes.

'Well

'Well. Now that you are safe, welcome back.' Your father says, holding up his glass which you gladly clank the champagne glass together. You grin at Han Seok Won still watching you with a stone face, scanning you up and down as you chug the champagne.