Chapter 61

Y/n's pov

'I didn't know you were going to come with me.' You say, opening the door to the cafe after saying goodbye to everyone.

'I thought you knew already that I'm going to be sticking to your side 24 hours. And I'm not about to let you go to the department store by yourself.' He replies, holding the door for you to pass through.

'Don't you need to go to your own work?' You ask, Captain Yoo following you out of the building toward the car waiting for you on the side of the road.

'Even the military doesn't work on the weekends.' He replies, watching the guard open the door for the car.

'So now you get to see me get the judge onto my side.' You say, getting into the back of the car as the guard goes around the other side to open the door for Captain Yoo as well.

'You're going to bribe them?' Captain Yoo asks as you leave for the judge's office for Han Seok Won and your father's trial starting next week. The investigation had been done swiftly since all the Haesung cases were what everyone's eyes were on these days, with all the collated evidence laid down in front of them.

'Well. More like stopping them from bribing the court.' You reply, Captain Yoo looking slightly confused, but stays silent getting into the car.

'Who's that?' He whispers seeing the young guard in the driver's seat, driving away.

'My new secretary.' You reply, Captain Yoo raising his brows.

'Why do you have so many men around you all the time.' He says jokingly, reaching for your hand on the side.

'It's not my fault that most of Haesung's guards are men and everyone from the police detective team are men too.' You say, looking out the window as Captain Yoo plays with your fingers.

CCTV footage 020320241

'Did my brother come here already?' The doctor asks casually as she sits in front of the judge for the court for the new Haesung's cases. The judge's brows furrow, putting the stack of paper he was holding in his hands.

'I do not like what you are implying-'

'I was just asking. Because that's what happened with the other judge last time. And I'm sure you know what happened to him.' She says, her eyes twinkling as if to test the judge in front of her. The Captain beside her eyes the both of them wearily, looking toward the doctor and staring at the judge.

'What I am saying is, we as the justice system do not tolerate such bribery. And yes, that is why that judge has been sacked and has been made to never set foot in the law field. So, what is it that you like to achieve here.' He replies slowly as if to talk to an irritating child.

'You seem quite tense given that you do not engage in any crimes such as bribery.' The doctor says bluntly, the judge lowering his head and staring at the doctor through his glasses.

'I said I do not appreciate your attitude-'

'Even if you don't, you know best to not let it interfere with the court decision, don't you? Because you are someone who serves justice. And even though you say you are not affected by bribery, in case my father suggests anything too good, just know they're lying.' The doctor says again, leaning back on her seat.

'Because they're nothing now. Haesung is mine, and everyone inside there will be...cleansed. So you'll have to decide who to line up behind.' She says, the judge still staring disapprovingly at her as the Captain beside her shifts.