Chapter 65

CCTV footage 090320241

The doctor glares at the former director through the thick glass wall, the director glaring back as he reaches for the phone with a coiled wire attached. The jail guards stare at the two carefully, the director's knuckles turning white on the phone. 

'Came so early to visit me, now.' The director says quietly, the doctor's eyes narrowing as she picks up the phone on the side. 

'I had to prepare myself to look at your disgusting face again.' She replies, the director chuckling menacingly as he looks up at the doctor. 

'You should watch your tongue because once I get out of here-'

'That won't happen.' The doctor snaps, the director's smile falling as the chilling expression returns on his face. 'Slow, are we? Look. The corporation is mine. The hospital, pharmacy, hotels, even the new department store you took so much effort to build.' She says, her eyes dark as the director's lips twitch in irritation. 

'And you can't do anything but stay behind bars. For the rest of your life with your merry father.' She says again, gesturing at the barred cell. 

'You-'

'You should be grateful. At least your parents are alive.' The doctor says, her eyes watering even as she glares through the tears welling. 'At least the people who do wrong don't feel any pain.' She says, the director scoffing irritatedly as he pushes the hair out of his face angrily. 

'Your mother fucking died because she deserved it.' The director seethes through his teeth, punching the glass wall between the two of them. The doctor clenches her fist, her nails digging into her palms as the director glares down at her while his forehead almost sticks to the glass. Her eyes glint while staring back at the former director, her teardrops rolling down her face. 

'I hope you live a long painful rest of your life. Don't even think about leaving here. Or else I'll execute you myself.' She whispers, almost throwing the phone down onto the side and snatching her bag from the table. The director glares at the doctor's back as she walks out, slamming the door behind her. 

Shi Jin's pov

'Ya! There she is.' I hear Myung Joo's voice as Dr. Han and I enter the restaurant, Dr. Han having made a large reservation at Haesung's hotel restaurant to treat everyone involved for their help. Myung Joo runs over, placing a tiara on Dr. Han's head, her awkwardly looking up at the top of her hair. 

'Why this?' She asks as I adjust it on her head, Dr. Kang in the corner holding up a camera to take a picture of the two of us. 

'You're the queen now.' I turn around, seeing Dr. Lee pointing at Dr. Han's crown. 'Even though I see you found a new king.' He jokes, Myung Joo next to us awkwardly raising her brows. 

'Okay, why is he here?' I ask as I turn to Dr. Han, her gesturing at Dr. Lee to just sit down on the side. 

'I couldn't just...not invite him. And it's his last day here in Seoul.' Dr. Han says timidly as I glance at Dr. Lee triumphantly walking past me to take a seat near Dr. Kang on the table. 'He did do illegal things and helped me for months just because I asked him to.' She says again, glancing at my mouth falling agape. 

'Captain. We're hungry.' I hear Sergeant Seo yell from behind sitting next to Myung Joo, Dr. Han only awkwardly touching the tiara on her head. 

'Come on, she can't just leave him out while we have a party. Look, she even invited the detectives and Reporter Kim.' Myung Joo says nonchalantly, pouring sake into everyone's cups.