Chapter 62

Y/n's pov

By the time the others finally leave, you and Captain Yoo are both tipsy, two cups of camomile tea steaming on the bedside tables on either side of the bed. Thanks to the slumber earlier, both of you were not feeling sleepy at all as you sit on the spot, dragging your laptop across the bed.

'Can you believe that it's been a year? Since we did this at the hospital?' Captain Yoo asks as he gets into bed next to you, watching you search for a movie to play.

'It feels different. With the only job left is to put them into prison for their lifetime.' You reply, leaning backward onto the pillow. 'But aren't you going to go home?' You ask as you turn your head toward him.

'I will. Tomorrow.' He replies, shifting his back on the pillow to get more comfortable. 'Are you going back to work in the ER?' He asks as you adjust the screen of the laptop to stop the bedside lamp from reflecting on it.

'On Monday.' You reply again, Captain Yoo nodding as he pulls you closer into his arms, both of you finally focusing on the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'It feels weird to see you sit there.' Mo Yeon says as you called her into the hospital Director's office on Monday morning, you lounging on the chair at the desk. You spin the chair to face her smiling, unsure why you called her into the office.

'Shouldn't you be downstairs, though?' She asks as you remain silent, the navy velvet folder in your hands as you tap your finger quietly.

'Professor Kang, patient satisfaction score to almost perfection, one of the doctors bringing in most patients into Haesung hospital.' You say, Mo Yeon looking confused at your intentions although she glees at your compliment. 'That means you bring in the most money to our hospital.' You explain, Mo Yeon's eyes sparkling once.

'You love money. Perfect for the job.' You say again, reaching the navy velvet folder toward her. She hesitantly takes it in her hands, opening the strips and holding it shut.

'Why don't you become the Director?' You ask, Mo Yeon's mouth falling open as she checks the paper inside.

'But weren't you going to-'

'I can't be an ER doctor, chairman and a director all at once. I'm not asking you to become the hospital director because you're my friend. I'm asking as Haesung's chairman. You have qualities.' You say as she tries to object, Mo Yeon closing her mouth and nodding.

'I'll do my best.'

'I'll leave you with this then. Make yourself at home.' You say, standing up from your seat and holding out the black card. She looks up with wide eyes, and you nudge the card toward her.

'The Haesung's work card? She asks, taking the matt black credit card with Haesung's logo in gold linings.

'We can't use the office looking like... this.' You reply, gesturing at Han Seok Won's things around the office. Mo Yeon nods excitedly, grabbing his name sign from the desk and shoving it into the bin.

'I'll have your business card printed today.' You say, Mo Yeon gleaming happily. 'Also, don't put Kim Eunji in any more surgeries. I'm not about to deal with lawsuits when I have my own lot coming up. Just keep her in the... TV shows.' You say, remembering Kim Eunji having almost killed three out of five patients in her care, leaving happy Mo Yeon behind as you walk to the door.

'But won't the higher ups be angry about me being the Director?' She asks, and you turn to face her by the door.

'What higher-ups?' You ask back, Mo Yeon's eyes arching upwards.

You get back to the ER, the staff greeting you back on the first day as you see the usual business of the department. Even if it was first day back, the harshness of ER did not spare you any time to adjust. Dr. Park calls you into the OP from the phone as you run to the pile of sanitised scrubs.

Shi Jin's pov
I see Dr. Han walk out of the ER after her shift into the lobby where I've been waiting. She sees me but before she can make her way toward me, I see Dr. Kim turn her around.

'What do you mean I won't be here from tomorrow?' She asks sharply, Dr. Han looking bored already.

'Look at your performance. Have a deep thought.' She replies, taking a folder from her bag and shoving at Dr. Kim. 'Misdiagnosis three times out of five. Successful operation two out of ten. Even a rag doll would do better than that.' She says, Dr. Kim starting to seethe.

'You think you can just fire anyone because you're the chairman-'

'I am doing my job. I can't let you ruin the hospital. You'll only be doing TV shows from now on. You seem to enjoy it. It's on tonight.' Dr. Han says, reaching into her bag once more and taking out a stack of paper. 'We put a lot of money on it so do well or you'll be gone for good.' She adds, shoving the paper on top of the folder Dr. Kim is holding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'What is this now?' I ask Dr. Han as she opens the door to the CGV in Haesung Department store, the building quiet except for the few employees seeming like Dr. Han put there.

'You forgot we promised to go to the cinema when you came back?' She asks, holding the door open, the cinema equally quiet and empty.

'No I mean... the department store hasn't even opened yet. The grand opening is in two days.' I ask, entering the cinema.

'I was supposed to come here today anyway to check everything is fine. Including the cinema.' She replies, making her way toward the refreshment stands as the worker greets her.

'Wow so I am the first person to see the insides of this place.' I say, watching Dr. Han choose the popcorn on the kiosk. 'Just a small perk of having a billionaire girlfriend.' I add, the door to one of the lockers lining the opposite wall swinging open automatically with its screen showing "#1". I turn around, seeing the popcorn and two drinks inside the locker.

'This is like a movie. The entire cinema is empty except us.' I say, taking the popcorn in my arms as Dr. Han leads me towards the screen we're going to be watching the movie.

'But what are we watching?' I ask, sprinting to catch up to her after taking bite of the warm popcorn.

'The Titanic.' She replies blandly, opening the door to the screen. I stare at her open mouthed at her choice, wondering whether I should be impressed or worried.

'I didn't know that you were into those romance movies.' I say, poking her cheek.

'Myung Joo insisted I play that.' She replies, and my smile falters.

'Of course. Of course this is Han Y/n I know.' I say, quickly following her into the place before the door closes.