022: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

●~●~●~●~●

They were leaving.

They packed up their things, which a lot had already been done by Hershel and Sami in case of needing to do a runner. The Dog, who Michonne said she had named Apollo. Or Apple was also a nickname. He went in a car with the kids.

Michonne was back, unharmed, and Daryl, too. Merle, however, was fucking dead. Apparently he took out six of the Governors top men, and then been left as a walker. Daryl found him. Sami didn't care that Merle was dead, but he cared that Daryl had lost his brother.

"I never thanked you."

Sami glanced at her, as he stood by the car door, her looking at him through the passenger door. "Huh?"

"For getting me. That day, by the fence. You didn't even hesitate."

"Why would I? You were hurt." He continued looking through the floor of the car for the book Rachel dropped. "I'm glad you're with us, now. Well, if you'll have us."

She smiled, and nodded. "Thank you."

●~●~●~●~●

It was upsetting to see the prison get shot up from his spot on the roof. 

The towers were blown up, gates ripped the the hinges. 

But seeing the Governor waltz in, smirking, feeling tough when all he'd done is shoot some walls and clear the walkers from out the front, almost made it worth it.

He heard the alarm blare, the screaming and gunshots from inside. No one was actually being hurt, just frightened. 

Which was what Sami was doing.

"¡Vete de aqui!" He yelled from the roof, where he was laying on his stomach, impossible to shoot, and shot the rifle at the people's feet as they ran out of the prison. The only ones he actually shot were the ones shooting back, and even them he was only shooting at limbs.

He continued shooting even as they ran off to their cars, climbing inside and driving off. He tried to shoot the Governor, but one of the many reason why he didn't use guns was because of the sound of shooting. It made his brain go blank.

"We did it?" Maggie yelled from the catwalk below him, in assault gear, pulling the helmet off.

"Si!" Sami stood up, and jumped down onto the grate below him, yelping as shock split up from his ankle. "Aterricé mal. Aterricé mal. Ow."

She smiled, squealing as she ran to him and threw her arms around his neck. "We did it!"

A boy ran through the woods outside the prison, trying to get away, when Carl appeared in front of him, gun in hand.

"Woah, woah, woah!" The boy stopped, raising his hands. "Don't shoot."

Hershel raised his own gun. "Drop the weapon, son."

"Sure. Here. Take it." He held the gun out to Carl.

He took it. "Why are you out here?"

"I-I didn't know what he was doing. And everything kept happening . . . I just wanna go home."

Carl stood there for a moment, thinking. His Dad would shoot the boy. He'd kill him. He was too close. Knew where they were hiding. He wasn't a threat, but he could be. 

But Sami would probably invite him into the group. And Sami hadn't snapped after loosing Lori. He knew Lori and Rick were different to Lori and Sami, but they were best friends. Sami was the first person to know about Judith. They used to talk every night, and Lori helped him learn English first. Carl noticed he said a lot of words like his Mom used to. He wasn't in love with her, but he still loved and lost her. And he invited Michonne into the group.