Chapter Eight: Anticipation

Floyd stared out the window, his heart rate increasing rapidly. He knew that in less than an hour, he would be seeing one of his kidnappers. But to him, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Veneer was sweet, funny, and awfully cute! His breathing became heavier as they approached Mount Rageous. Bruce walked over to where Floyd was sitting, on John Dory's green leather couch.

"Hey man," He looked at Floyd quizzically. "Are you good?"

Floyd grimaced. "Yeah Bruce, I'm fine. Just feeling a little nervous, if you know what I mean. What if after I bail Veneer out, he leaves, without even a thank you?"

Bruce nodded and sat down beside him. "I understand you're worried. But sometimes, you just need to take a chance. I saw how Veneer was looking at you when we saved you, and I think it was a little bit more than friendship."

Floyd blushed. "You really think so?"

Bruce patted Floyd's thigh. "I know so,"

Floyd gave Bruce a small smile, before getting up from his seat on the couch. He shuffled towards the small wooden table, next to where Clay was reading a book. Floyd reached over, and poured himself a cup of hot chocolate, as Clay sniffed sadly.

"Oh, Floyd," Clay sobbed from under the table.

Floyd rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his drink. He knew Clay was reading a book for his sad book club, and he was getting sick of it. All day, every day, Clay was crying. It had been like that for the past week!

"Stop reading that shitty book, you asshole!" Floyd shouted, slamming his cup on the table."It's obviously doing something to you, so stop it!"

Clay looked at Floyd in shock. He wiped his eyes and gently closed his book. Floyd grabbed it and practically screamed.

"This is Poppy's scrapbook! What the hell is sad about this?!" Floyd asked, squeezing the book.

"She and her friends almost got eaten by bergens!" Clay shouted.

Floyd looked at Clay in confusion. His older brother clearly needed to improve his social skills, instead of pouring his time, and his tears, into a silly book.

"Whatever," Floyd mumbled, walking away.

Floyd walked to the driver's seat, and leaned against John Dory's chair. He looked out the window, and almost threw up; They had arrived at the Mount Rageous Hospital.

Sorry this chapter is so short! I'm building up to the good part! Thank you so much for reading!