Chapter Twenty: Awkward

Floyd continued to mumble to himself as Kid Ritz's car drove down the road. Veneer was scrolling on his phone, and Kid Ritz was staring dreamily at Veneer each chance he got. Floyd was annoyed.

'Kid Ritz is the driver, he's supposed to keep his eyes on the road, not on my man!' Floyd thought angrily.

Clay, Bruce, and John Dory sat in the backseat whispering to each other. Floyd crossed his arms grumpily and continued to stare out the window.

Kid Ritz leaned in closer to Veneer

"So, Veneer, what do you say we ditch these guys and go grab a bite to eat?"

Veneer rolled his eyes. 'I think we should stick with the group, Ritz. We're almost to Vacay Island."

But Kid Ritz persisted, his hand inching closer to Veneer's knee. "Come on, Veneer. You know you want to spend some alone time with me."

"No, I don't. Please stop," Veneer gasped, scooting towards the edge of his seat.

"Don't fight it, beautiful, just give in," Kid Ritz crooned, his fingers blindly making their way to Veneer's crotch.

"Leave him alone," Floyd growled.

Kid Ritz's hand recoiled, and he turned to him with a smirk. "What's it to you, Floyd? Jealous that Veneer would rather spend time with me?"

Floyd clenched his fists. "I just don't want Veneer getting hurt by someone like you."

Kid Ritz laughed. "Hurt? Veneer knows what he's getting into. He's not some innocent little lamb."

"I don't care. Leave him alone or you'll have to answer to me."

Kid Ritz raised an eyebrow. "Is that a threat, Floyd? You don't scare me."

"It's not a threat, it's a promise." Floyd growled, his voice low and dangerous.

"Fine. Have it your way. But just remember, Veneer will come to me when he realizes you can't give him what he really wants."

And with that, Kid Ritz popped in his earbuds and focused his attention on the road.

Floyd jumped onto Veneer's shoulder. He was still looking uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Floyd asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Veneer said, his voice quiet.

Floyd sighed. "Listen, I know Kid Ritz, he's just not good for you. You deserve someone who will treat you right."

Veneer looked up at Floyd, smirking. "Like you?"

"Yeah, like me."

Floyd leaned in and kissed Veneer. When they pulled apart, they were both breathless.

"Y'know Floyd," Veneer started. "You need to get some better control over yourself."

"What do you mean?!" Floyd asked, crossing his arms playfully. "I have plenty of control."

Veneer laughed. "Sure you do. That's why you couldn't keep your hands off me earlier!"

Floyd grinned. "Well, can you blame me? You're irresistible."

Veneer rolled his eyes. "You always know just what to say."

"That's because I mean it," Floyd said, his expression turning serious. "I love you, Veneer."

Veneer's heart skipped a beat at the words. "I love you too, Floyd."

Kid Ritz glared at the two of them, before gagging.

"Please spare me," He groaned, his grip tightening on the wheel. "And Floyd, you should probably get back in your seat before I murder you!"

"I'd love to see you try," he retorted, returning to his seat.

"All I have to do is step on you, and splat! You'd be dead." Kid Ritz smirked, pulling up to the entrance of Vacay Island.

"But we're here, so you're safe for now." Veneer said, placing a firm hand on Kid Ritz's shoulder.

Floyd rolled his eyes in annoyance. "You really want to kill me, huh?"

Kid Ritz nodded, looking dreamily at the hand on his shoulder. "You bet! I'd do anything to get rid of you and your stupid, annoying face! Anything to get Veneer all to myself."

Veneer quickly took his hand off of Kid Ritz's shoulder, and looked at him in utter disgust.

"You're sick, Kid Ritz. Sicker than I thought."

Kid Ritz huffed. "But Veneer, I love you!"

"Love? You don't know the meaning of the word." Veneer scoffed, exiting the car and slamming the door behind him.

Kid Ritz slammed his head on the steering wheel.

"Get out," Kid Ritz growled to the four trolls sitting in the backseat. "Get out, NOW!"

Clay, Bruce, and John Dory quickly exited the car. Floyd, however, hesitated.

"Get out Floyd," Kid Ritz growled, clenching his teeth. "I'll come out in a second."

Floyd reluctantly obeyed, exiting the car and standing next to his brothers. Kid Ritz got out and ran to Veneer, who was now walking towards the ocean.

"I'll make you regret this, Veneer. You'll see."

Veneer turned around and looked at Kid Ritz with a steely gaze. "I doubt it. I'm done with you and your sick games. I know what you did to Camille, and I don't want you to take advantage of me like that."

Kid Ritz's face twisted into a sneer. "You think you're better than me? You're just naive and you don't know how to have fun."

Veneer shook his head. "No, I'm not naive. I know exactly what kind of person you are, and I want nothing to do with you."

With a final look of disgust, Kid Ritz strolled to his car, and quickly drove away.