Chapter Forty- Four: Right now?!

Collab with Little_Reesie because I got lazy!!!!

In the dim glow of dawn, Orchid's phone's shrill ringtone pierced the silence, jarring her awake. As her eyes fluttered open, she reached for her device, her fingers fumbling in the darkness. When the caller ID flashed across the screen, a piercing shriek escaped her lips, sending her phone crashing to the floor.

"Velvet!" she screamed, shaking the sleeping figure beside her.

"What?" Velvet mumbled groggily, her voice muffled by a pillow.

"Ritz is calling!" Orchid exclaimed, scrambling to pick up her phone.

"So answer it!" Velvet grumbled, pulling the pillow over her head.

Orchid took a deep breath and pressed the answer button.

"Orchid!" Ritz's voice boomed through the phone speaker, his excitement palpable.

"What?" Orchid asked, her heart pounding in anticipation.

"The video of you and your girlfriend performing went VIRAL!" Ritz shouted.

"Really!?" Orchid gasped, her eyes widening in disbelief.

"Yep!" Ritz confirmed. "You even beat Velvet and Veneer's record. Your song became number one on the charts AFTER THREE HOURS!"

Orchid's mind raced as she processed the astonishing news.

"What?!" she blurted out.

"I need you at the recording studio for an interview in thirty minutes! BYE!" Ritz announced before abruptly hanging up.

"WHAT?! THIRTY MINUTES?!" Orchid screamed into the phone, her voice echoing through the room.

Velvet suddenly began to stir from her slumber, her weary eyes struggling to focus.

"Thirty minutes until what?" she asked, her voice groggy with sleep.

Sitting up on the edge of the bed, Orchid clutched her chest, her breath coming in short, anxious gasps. "We have thirty minutes to get to the recording studio to film an interview with Ritz."

Velvet's eyes widened in disbelief. "Wait, really?"

Orchid nodded frantically, her hands trembling as she ripped open the doors to her closet.

"Oh my god!" Velvet exclaimed, throwing off the covers and rushing towards Orchid "He couldn't have given us more notice?"

Orchid managed a weak smile.

"His schedule is pretty erratic," she said, pulling off her sweatshirt and slipping into the outfit Velvet had chosen for her the day before.

Velvet groaned as she stumbled to the window, yanking open the curtains and letting the harsh sunlight stream in.

"This is insane," she muttered. "We have no time to prepare."

Orchid's eyes flickered with a mix of excitement and nerves. "I know, but this is what we wanted. We have to make the most of it."

Velvet nodded, pulling on her clothes.

When the two girls had finished getting ready, they ran down the stairs. Orchid skidded to a stop by the kitchen table, swiftly picking up the diamond perfume bottle from its resting place. She shook it a few times before peering into it.

"Still asleep," she said, throwing it to Velvet.

Velvet caught it, and sprayed herself a few times.

"Now, what song are we going to sing if Ritz asks us to sing one?" Orchid asked, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a carton of orange juice.

"I think we should just sing the song we sang last night," Velvet said, pulling out two glasses and handing them to Orchid.

"That makes sense," Orchid replied with a small laugh, opening the orange juice and pouring a glass for her and Velvet.

Velvet handed Orchid another glass and Orchid looked at her in confusion.

"Wha- ohhhh. CREEK! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!!!!"

Velvet snorted as a disoriented Creek came hobbling into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Poppy's talent made us famous!!!!" Velvet said in a singsong voice.

"Okay... and?" Creek crossed his arms. "How does this apply to me?"

"Well, it doesn-"

"VELVET!!" Orchid screeched, slamming down her drink. "We're late!! We have to go!"

Velvet's eyes widened and she swiftly grabbed the perfume bottle, before running out of the house like it was on fire.

"What is going on?" Creek asked a second time.

"We performed at a bar last night," Orchid explained hastily. "And Kid Ritz was there too. He's an interviewer, and he filmed a video of us. It went viral, and we have to go do an interview with him RIGHT NOW."

Creek nodded his head. "Ahh, got it. Can you pick up some food on the way back?"

"Sure." Orchid gave him a small wave, before running out the door.