Chapter Forty- Six: The Bop on Top... Again

Orchid glanced at her phone, her brow furrowed. The screen illuminated her face, casting shadows around her worried eyes. Velvet noticed the tension.

"Are you okay, hun?" Velvet asked, her gaze briefly leaving the road.

Orchid snapped back to reality, a forced smile gracing her lips. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she mumbled, her voice softer than usual. "Do you know where we're supposed to be going?"

Velvet chuckled, a playful glint in her eyes. "I've been interviewed by Kid Ritz before, I'm not a dummy."

Orchid chuckled. "How much longer until we get there?"

Velvet squealed excitedly. "We're here!"

Orchid gasped as Velvet pulled into the parking lot. The two girls got out of the car and nervously walked into the recording studio.

The studio was a labyrinth of soundproof rooms and blinking equipment. Velvet led Orchid through the maze, her confidence growing with each step.

"This is it," she whispered. "The studio where Kid Ritz records his interviews."

Orchid's heart pounded in her chest as they entered the main room. Velvet knocked on Ritz's door, and he quickly wrenched the door open.

Velvet nervously adjusted the puffy sleeves of her top, a nervous flutter in her stomach, while Orchid was bouncing on the balls of her feet and nearly vibrating with anticipation.

"Olivia! Orchid! It's nice to see the two superstars who are topping every chart in all of Mount Rageous!" Kid Ritz greeted them with a beaming smile.

Velvet flushed, a warmth spreading across her cheeks. Orchid, however, let out a shriek that echoed through the hallway.

"REALLY?! WE TOPPED EVERY SINGLE CHART?!" she exclaimed, bouncing even higher.

"Calm down hun!" Velvet hissed, her voice barely a whisper, as she put a firm hand on Orchid's shoulder.

Orchid, startled, muttered a small apology, though her eyes still shone with unrestrained joy. Ritz chuckled, finding their contrasting reactions endearing.

"It came as a bit of a shock to me too," he said, gesturing them into his recording studio. "Why don't you two come in, and we can get this interview started."

The studio was a haven of music memorabilia, posters of legendary artists lining the walls and instruments scattered across the room. It was a testament to Ritz's passion, a passion that had made him a legend in the music world.

As they settled into plush armchairs, Velvet and Orchid felt a wave of nervous excitement. This was it, the interview that could launch them into the stratosphere.

Velvet adjusted her microphone, a nervous laugh bubbling up. "Orchid, you okay?"

Orchid, her lavender eyes wide with excitement, took a deep breath, her fingers tracing the intricate design on the red leather armrest. "Ready to blow them away."

"We're on in three... two.. One... Hello everybody and welcome to the Bop on Top. Today I am joined by the one and only overnight superstars, ORCHID AND OLIVIA!" Kid Ritz announced, his voice booming through the studio.

A recording of their song, 'Toxic' filled the air. The cameras whirred, focusing on Orchid and Olivia. The lights were blinding, the air thick with anticipation.

Orchid felt a surge of adrenaline. She gripped Velvet's hand, a silent promise of confidence.

"Orchid and Olivia, welcome to the show!" Kid Ritz beamed, his smile as bright as the studio lights. "Tell us, how did two such talented ladies find each other?"

Velvet and Orchid looked at each nervously, before Velvet cleared her throat and began to speak.

"We actually met in the very same bar we performed in last night. I'd say it's fate that we ended up becoming friends, girlfriends, and famous all in the same place."

"And that song, 'Toxic,'" Kid Ritz continued, "it's been on repeat everywhere! Tell us, what inspired it?"

"It's a song about how addicting love can be," Orchid answered, her voice gaining confidence.

"And you two do it so beautifully," Kid Ritz chimed in, his eyes twinkling with admiration.

"Thank you," Velvet said sweetly.

"Now, who are some of your biggest influences?" Kid Ritz asked, crossing his legs.

"Honestly, I've always looked up to Velvet and Veneer. Not in the fraud way of course, but their songs and the choreography they've done is truly amazing." Velvet said with a smirk.

Kid Ritz nodded gently and turned towards Orchid. "What about you?"

"My biggest inspiration... I'd have to go with Olivia. She's amazing, and the best girlfriend I could ever have!"

"Okay, last question," Ritz started, "how does it feel to be at the top of the charts?"

Orchid jumped at the chance to answer. "It's incredible! We never thought..." she trailed off, her eyes widening as she realized the magnitude of their achievement.

Velvet interjected, "We're truly grateful for all the support. It's been an incredible experience so far, and we can't wait to see where this will take us."

Ritz clapped his hands, and the cameras turned to focus on him.

"That will be it for today, thank you all for tuning into the Bop on Top! Stay tuned, because I'm fairly certain Orchid and Olivia will be performing somewhere near you!"

The cameras turned off, and the bright spotlights lowered. Kid Ritz stood up and walked over to Velvet and Orchid. He unclipped their microphones and looked at them with a chuckle.

"The interview should air in a day or so. When it does, be waiting for a call about performing at the Boombox!"

Velvet and Orchid both nodded eagerly. The Boombox was the most prestigious music venue in the city, a place where legends were born. 

"See you guys later," he said, leading them out of the studio.

When the girls had gotten in the car, they both let out delighted giggles.

"We're gonna be famous!!!" Velvet said happily, buckling her seatbelt.

"We already are," Orchid said with a small smile. "Now... I promise we'll celebrate, but I need to run an errand. I don't have time to drop you off, so you need to come with me."

"Okay," Velvet shrugged, before pulling out her phone. "I'll just watch a movie on my phone."

Orchid chuckled, before turning on the car and stepping on the gas.