Chapter Thirty- Nine: She Knows

As soon as Orchid and Velvet were settled in their car, Velvet turned to Orchid, a serious look on her face.

"Veneer," She said, her eyebrows scrunching together.

Orchid sighed. "You didn't kill him."

"Damnit," Velvet muttered under her breath.

"He was in the hospital, and the prison let him post bail. Me and Ritz visited him, and Ritz tried to... well actually he did, kiss him." Orchid continued, pulling out of the parking lot.

"The little asshole!" Velvet growled, crossing her arms. "Did you bail him out?"

"Me!? No!" Orchid giggled and shook her head.

"So who did?" Velvet asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm..." Orchid looked away nervously.

"Orchid!"

"Floyd bailed him out!"

"Seriously?" Velvet looked at Orchid in disgust. "That little creature paid to have my brother released?!"

Orchid nodded slowly.

"Wait? Does he..."

Orchid nodded again.

"Oh my god, I'm going to fucking end him! He likes a fucking troll?!"

"Mhm,"

Velvet huffed. "I can't believe him. I knew he had a soft spot for that troll, but I never would have thought that would happen!"

"Yeah.." Orchid mumbled softly.

Velvet leaned down in her seat and picked up the perfume bottle.

"Is she awake?' Orchid asked, as she turned into her driveway.

Velvet shook the perfume bottle roughly. "Nope."

Orchid sighed as she pulled into her driveway.

"I'm getting worried about her," Orchid said, getting out of the car.

Velvet scoffed as she got out as well.

"Just give her to Creek, I'm sure he'll wake her up."

Orchid unlocked her door, and turned around.

"I don't understand. After you experience the worst thing a dad could do to his daughter, you give the okay and encourage Creek to endlessly rape Poppy." Orchid snapped.

"Well, Poppy and Creek used to date, I'm just trying to get them back together," Velvet lied.

"Uh huh, would you want to get back with the person who almost killed you, and all your friends and family?"

"I guess not," Velvet shrugged, pushing Orchid aside, and strolling into the kitchen.

"Velvet, please tell me why," Orchid pleaded, following behind her.

"I want someone to understand what I went through!"

"Velvet, that's not the answer to your problems." Orchid said softly, pulling Velvet into a hug.

"Yeah well, Poppy deserves it, so it doesn't really matter." Velvet said defensively.

"Hm. What did she do to deserve that?" Orchid asked, stroking Velvet's hair.

"She was the one that encouraged all of BroZone to go look for Floyd! If she hadn't done that, I'd still be famous!"

Orchid sighed, pulling out of the hug. She walked over to the fridge and pulled out a container of whipped cream.

"What are you doing?" Velvet asked, crossing her arms.

"Whipped cream makes everything better!" Orchid said with a smile.

She took the cap off, and squirted some in her mouth. Velvet chuckled, and Orchid gestured with the can.

"You want some?" She asked.

Velvet shrugged, but opened her mouth.

Orchid giggled as she sprayed an alarming amount of whipped cream in Velvet's mouth.

Before Velvet could completely swallow it all, Orchid had pressed her lips against Velvet's. Velvet melted into it, the kiss.

As Orchid's hands found their way to Velvet's hips, she gently pushed her up against the cool counter. Velvet responded with a moan, her lips parting slightly to invite Orchid's tongue. She suppressed a giggle as Orchid stole the whipped cream from her mouth.

They stayed like that for a while. When they finally pulled away, they were both breathless.

"Damn Orchid, you're a pretty good kisser." Velvet said with a laugh.

"Why thank you!"

Orchid did a little bow, causing Velvet to fall into a fit of laughter. Eventually she stopped, and jumped off the counter. She let out a small yawn as she looked at the clock over the oven.

"Holy crap, we must have been at the bar for a while! It's already 1 am!" Velvet exclaimed.

"Oops!" Orchid giggled.

"It's fine, but let's go to bed now." Velvet said, wrapping an arm around Orchid.

"Sounds good. Did you get Poppy out of the car?" Orchid asked as they walked up the stairs.

"Yep! She's on the kitchen table. I don't think anything will happen to her there." Velvet replied.

"Probably not," Orchid agreed.

They walked into the bedroom, and closed the door behind them.