Chapter Twenty- Seven: Road to Recovery

Floyd looked down at Branch's sleeping, tear- stained face. He sighed sadly, before shaking Branch slightly.

"What time is it?" Branch mumbled sleepily, looking around and rubbing his eyes.

"You were only out for a few minutes, bud." Floyd said, helping Branch sit up.

"Oh yeah... I um... did stuff last night, that's right." Branch mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes.. let's not talk about that right now. Let's focus on you, getting up and walking out of Viva's room."

Branch cringed when Floyd mentioned Viva's name, but tried to shake it off. Floyd was right, he needed to get out of the past, and stop moping around.

Floyd nudged Branch off of him and grabbed his hand. Floyd led him out of the room where his brothers were waiting, worried sick for their baby brother.

When they had seen Viva run out, they tried to block her way and ask questions, but she ignored them and ran off in the meadow of trees near the beach.

They rushed towards Branch, asking him questions and almost knocking him down.

"HEY! Would you guys knock it off a little bit!? Branch isn't ready to answer your questions!"

Floyd pushed John Dory and Clay away from Branch, because they were the closest to him.

Veneer turned around, from where he was sitting on the shore, and looked at the mini fight unveiling right in front of him. Seeing Floyd protect his younger brother filled him with a sudden passion for Floyd. But deep down, there were also feelings of jealousy, anger, and sadness.

Veneer never had an older sibling that actually cared for him or protected him. And there was Branch, being protected and loved by his older brother.

Veneer stood up, and walked over to the brothers.

"What's going on here?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"A lot of stuff has happened, and I would like to explain it elsewhere." Floyd said, glaring at his brothers.

Veneer kneeled down next to the miniature trolls. Floyd saw that as a sign to hop up onto his knee and onto his shoulder. Veneer planted a tiny peck on his head.

"Branch, do you wanna come with us?" Veneer offered, because he saw how Branch was uncomfortable, standing alone in his current state.

Branch looked up to Floyd who gave him an approving glance then up at Veneer who gave him a small smile. Branch nodded his head.

Branch jumped up the same way Floyd did and sat next to him. Floyd immediately gave him another hug.

"Thank you.." mumbled Branch.

"Hey, it's no problem," Veneer offered another small smile, and Branch meekly smiled back.

Veneer stood up and turned around. He walked towards the meadow of trees, the same way Viva had run. 

I'm so sorry this chapter took so long! I'm hopeful things will be coming out more quickly. Thank you for reading! I love you all so much!