31

maddie

"where the hell have you been madison" Lane screams. i still haven't found my voice. "ANSWER ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU MADISON"

"no where i swear daddy!" i force out. he accelerates the car. i don't know how fast we are going but it feels too fast.

"MONTHS GO BY AND I HARDLY SEE YOU AND I DONT HEAR FROM YOU? I WILL ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME. MADISON GRACE BISHOP, WHRE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN"

"i didn't do anything wrong i swear -" i start to cry out. before i can say anything else, he slams on the brakes. i fly forward, smacking my head on the dash, and feeling like the seatbelt is choking me. i don't have time to process what might be hurt before i feel his hand around my throat and i'm shoved against the window.

"DO NOT GET SMART WITH ME MADISON" he seethes. i'm coughing. trying to claw at his hand. i can't breathe.

as suddenly as he grabbed me, he let's go. he goes back to driving. i cough, trying to catch my breath. i taste blood when i cough. that's not good. i blink frantically as blood spills into my eye. okay so there's a cut somewhere.

we pull into the driveway and he gets out of the car. he comes around to my side and grabs me by the hair.
i cry out. he pulls me harder to get me inside.

once we are inside, he slams the door and tosses me away from him. i stumble but stay on my feet

"you disgust me. you're a disappointment. you ungrateful brat" he starts to back me into a corner. i'm in too much shock and pain to cry

"say something to you ungrateful little bitch"

i squeeze my eyes closed

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU MADISON" he slaps me across the face so hard that i stumble and fall, hitting my head on the coffee table.

he's pissed. he hasn't hit me anywhere visible since the first time. he always made sure it could be covered up.

i'm seeing stars by now.

he comes at me again. i try to scurry out of his way, but this time it's his foot that comes at me. i try to curl around myself to protect myself. it's no use.

"you made me do this madison" he says as he finally starts to back away.

i can't move anymore. i stay in my armadillo pose. everything hurts.

"you answer when you're spoken too" he said. i don't think i could answer if i wanted to. i still can't breathe.

"ANSWER ME MADISON".

i put my hands in front of my face as i hear him coming closer. then i hear the door open.