95

Maya and Carina watched out the window as a teenage girl with dark hair stepped out of a blue jeep. They couldn't tell much from the distance, but she had long dark hair and was wearing jeans and a crochet cropped top.  She held out a small bouquet of flowers for Maddie and the 2 girls embraced in a quick hug.

"They are so cute!!" Maya said to her wife

"She brought our girl flowers, that's so sweet! She's pretty too" Carina added, wrapping her arms around Maya as the 2 of them peeked out the window.

They quickly ducked away from the window giggling as their blonde teenager shifted to look back at the house.

"We are so busted" Maya laughed on the floor with her wife

"Si, si." Carina laughed too.

————————————

Maddie ran outside, where Shannon was getting out of her car with flowers in her hand. She was wearing high waisted, loose black jeans and a cropped crochet tank top. Her long hair fell in waves and framed her face. Her bright blue eyes absolutely shone. She looked amazing.

"Well look who has 2 shoes on!" She called meeting the blonde who approached her, handing her the flowers and pulling her in for a hug.

"You got me flowers?" Maddie asked, blushing

"Of course, we are celebrating, right?" Shannon smiled at Maddie who couldn't help but smile back.

"Wow, thank you . You look great by the way" Maddie reached out and brushed a stray lock of Shannon's hair behind her ear as the wind blew

"Not so bad yourself deluca-bishop" Shannon smiled at Maddie's touch. "I'd kiss you here and now, but we seem to have a little audience." She giggled.

Maddie blushed and turned around in time to see Maya and Carina ducking away from the window. "Oh my god they are so embarrassing. Let's go before they try and come out here"

They got into Shannon's jeep and drove for a bit.

"So, when do i get to know where we are going?" Maddie asked, sniffing the flowers Shannon had given her, it was a beautiful arrangement of what looked like wildflowers that Maddie suspected she may have put it together herself.

"Hmm i think id like to keep it a surprise, but i will say it's a picnic. Do you want to put on some music?" Shannon smiled at Maddie as she passed her the Aux cord.

"Shannon Grady you are going to be the death of me aren't you?"  Maddie teased back, plugging in her phone and hitting shuffle on one of her go to playlists. 'Red Wine Supernova' by Chappell Roan came on and Maddie blushed. Maybe her music taste could've been another hint to her that she was not exactly straight.

"I love this song" Shannon alleviated Maddie's embarrassment and turned the volume up.

They drove a bit longer, singing along to Maddie's playlist that mostly consisted of Taylor Swift, Noah Kahan, Renee Rapp, Chappell Roan, Gracie Abrahams, and Maisie Peters. After a while, they pulled into a lot of a public beach, just as the sun was beginning to set.

"Wow" Maddie said as they got out of the car. Shannon reached into the backseat and grabbed a picnic basket and blanket.

"I love the beach, everything about it. The sound, the smell, its just relaxing. I found this spot about a week after we moved to Seattle, and its kinda become my secret little spot, its always empty" Shannon blushed and looked down

"It's beautiful, almost as beautiful as you. Thanks for sharing it with me" Maddie said and reached down and took the brunette's hand and they walked to the shoreline and spread out the blanket before taking a seat.