Tenya Iida

Taking a sip out of a pink porcelain cup, Yuga sighs into his tea; humming a little song to himself as he looks through catalogs. A chair scratches against the wood floor, alerting him to another person joining him as he looks up at the man sitting across from him with a cup of his own.

"Hi, Aoyama. How are you this morning?" Tenya questions, pulling out a newspaper of his own; reading the front cover.

The blonde hums, intrigued as to why the man joined him in his peace. "I'm doing splendidly, Iida. Thank you for asking and for joining me... I just put my kids down for their nap."

"Ah yes, Nanami and Nioki, yes? They seem less rambunctious than the Bakugos, then again they are only a week older than Katsuma." Tenya states, taking a long sip again; creating a layer of comfortable silence.

"Yes they are, but then again, they're my kids. I expect nothing less, I was a quiet baby myself." Yuga chuckles, going back to his catalog. "Speaking of, I was planning on going shopping for a few things I need. Would you care to join me?"

"Of course."

~

Looking around the mall, the two walk side by side in relative silence; getting a feel for the place while also making sure no villains lurked by as they couldn't turn off their hero brains.

"What are we looking for in particular?" Tenya questions, looking at a glass display of stopwatches.

"Oh, just some baby clothes and bottles for now. Can't really afford much right now." Yuga shrugs as Tenya pulls out his wallet, quickly handing over 100 thousand yen. "Wait, you don't have to-!"

"I want to." Tenya interrupts, placing it in his classmate's manicured hands. "You deserve it."

Deserve. Yuga looks down at his hands in sadness, a pang of disappointment overwhelming him. "Ah... you pity me..."

"What?" Tenya questions, alarmed as tears prick the corners of the blonde's eyes; earning a sniffle and a weak smile.

"I thought I had a friend who genuinely didn't see me for my past actions or didn't think I was weird for giving birth to children. But alas, I was mistaken and seeing what wasn't there." Yuga laughs sadly, placing a hand on his chest as he looks into Tenya's eyes. "I'm a former criminal. A junky. A fool. I've done more bad than good in my life and what I deserve is a little respect. I may not be able to afford luxuries, but I can afford to take care of my family, because that is the only thing I have right now that's keeping me from sinking. So you can keep your money, Iida. I don't want it."

"I... I didn't mean to offend you." Tenya stares in shock, not knowing what to say after being told off in such a bold way. The interaction gained a few onlookers, a couple in which were recording. "We should probably go... people are staring."

Yuga looks around, before hanging his head down; allowing for the engine hero to drag him to a more secluded spot. "Then what did you intend to do? Handing me money as if I'm some sugar baby. I am nothing of the sort!"

"I know you're not! I just wanted to be a good friend and help you out. I promise, there was nothing sinister about my actions." Tenya smiles softly, causing Yuga's shoulders to slacken.

"You have a nice smile." The blonde blurts, covering his mouth as Tenya's cheeks brighten in color.

"Thank you..." Tenya chuckles, shaking his head. "Are we to continue shopping? Who's watching your children?"

"I asked Izuku to babysit. Bakugo was apparently dropping his kids off to his parents, so he could go out with Kirishima. So Izuku was free for the taking." Yuga responded, forgetting his comment. "Why did you want to come with me?"

"Because we're friends, Aoyama. You also can call me Tenya." Tenya hums, reaching a hand out for the blonde to grab; who does so unconsciously.

"Everyone treats me like porcelain, like I'm going to break under the smallest of pressures." Yuga whispers, looking down at their intertwined fingers; appreciating the warmth that grounds him to reality. "Our peers stare at me as if I'm some sort of alien. As if they don't know me and I fear that they are right."

"How so? We've known you for years, despite your connections."

"My connections were a part of it, yes. But I'm talking about the smoking, the drinking, the rape. They knew of none of it. They've only seen a fraction of who I am and now that they've seen it all, and I mean it all... what if they no longer like me? What if you no longer like me?" Yuga shakes his head, shaking lightly. "But then again, you're with me right now... even after I blew up on you."

"You're a kind, smart, caring and meticulous person, Yuga. I realize that you don't like hearing this word, but I'm telling you: you deserve the world and more. As your friend, I will give you the world and more. You're precious to me." Tenya chuckles, cheeks turning warm; prompting the magenta eyed blonde's face to warm up as well. "You shouldn't have to care about what our classmates have to say because you know that you are strong. You took down the whole League pretty much single-handedly and that speaks for itself. You're our hero, Yuga. We love you."

"L-love?" Yuga whispers in awe, feeling a squeeze on his hand as he looks down at their hands; watching as it gets lifted and a soft kiss is gently placed upon the back of his hand.

"Love. You deserve to experience it. Don't forget that."

~•~•~•~•

Happy Late-Late Valentine's Day! (I don't celebrate lol) Hope you've enjoyed the beautiful beginnings of IidaYama, one of my favorite crackships.

Apparently, they're good friends canonically? I've watched all 6 seasons... I see nothing pointing to their "good friendship" lol, but I'll take what I can get from the wiki.

~Shadow Out!🌑