Intentions

After freshening up Ashton washed his dirty clothes in a large bucket then rung them out to dry by the heated stone wall. He then found a fresh pair of clothes then proceeded downstairs, he had noticed a piano when they entered so they had to have musical entertainment.

Bert had been waiting downstairs just in case the kid made a run for it... nursing an ale while he watched the front door from a large table he was reserving for their party he almost choked when he saw Ashton speaking to the staff and passing the manager who had a large smile.

Ashton wasn't really surprised when he saw Bert dart in his direction, he simply brought his guitar up so it was more noticeable. Bert slowed down but was still making a b-line to him, "Yes sir?" He asked with a polite smile.

Bert wanted to scold him... but he probably wasn't trying to run without his pack. "Dinner will be served soon." He said reigning in his temper, he was clearly a soldier trying to talk to a scholar, they just didn't speak the same language and it would set the kid off even more.

"Yes sir, I was just inquiring if guests could also play." Ashton informed, Lucian hadn't made his position clear, but if he started acting like a bard it would explain his presence to an extent. Then when he eventually left his existence would be little more than a minor annoyance rather than a threat to anyone's interest.

Bert kept staring at Ashton as if the truth would suddenly be clear, "I see." He said tightly as Ashton continued to smile. As Ashton discussed with the now nervous manager Bert was a towering deterrent.

Ashton went up to the stage and spoke to the girl who was supposed to play a few songs, she graciously agreed to step down for a single song as Ashton set up and got a feel for the stage. Ashton sighed when Lucian swapped tables with a party, as they were mid meal, who closer to the stage... anyway he prepared as they settled in.

Lucian watched curiously, he hadn't expected Ashton to play any songs unless he was happy. Maybe sending David away had been a bigger help than anticipated.

Aaron watched almost dreading the performance. Whatever happened, unless Ashton was professing his love for king or country the outcome would not be in their favor. Still he didn't let it show... he had been surprised before.

Ashton decided to start with an original, while classics would spread his name better... some messages just had to be stated up front.

Hey, have you ever heard me say

I'd rather be straight forward

I think I've said it twice today

This is me, the way I am

Truly content, need nothing grand

Don't need you here, up in my face

I'm just living the day to day

Please don't be mistaken, the cues I be making

I never asked you to stay

You really aren't special, the same as all the rest though

Not sure how to make you see

I don't need friends, just let me be

Don't. need. False. comradery

I'm trying to go solo, your persistence is a no go

Are you even listening

I don't need friends, not worth my time

You choose a path, I'll choose mine

And when I say this, please don't get me wrong