Dinner 3&4

Ashton debated leaving early... but he'd already made a show of force. If he acted petulant or arrogant it would negate all his efforts and plans. Controlling exactly how much of his ascension to show had strained his mana channels more than he'd expected, but he couldn't use any enchantments to hide his appearance with the priests constantly examining him.

Ashton continued to eat his buttered fish while all three priests weren't even trying to hide their interest. When the topic of the elves came up Randal brought up the story of the elves calling Ashton a spirit.

"Of course, the elves would come to check on one such as yourself Lord Reece, perhaps I might invite you to tea before they arrive. While I have theoretical knowledge, I have never used Fae Common in speech outside of class." Bodin offered. Getting closer to the young beast was now their top priority, once he grew he would be far less likely to remain. For any beast to have entered the empire was no doubt a blessing from the ancestor dragon.

Ashton glanced up, "I will set time aside in two days for tea in the imperial garden," Ashton confirmed then sipped the dragon awful wine, this should give him enough time to make last minute adjustments to his plans.

"If you would like my lord, I have a humble talent in healing, might I offer to take a look?" Promise offered holding a hand over her chest to draw attention to her sigil and dragon fang. When the young man looked over his wine she almost swore he could see past her enchanted veil and was really looking her in the eyes.

"I accept the sentiment, but you would die from the effort. If after my... Ember arrives, and you make the offer again I might be willing to let you watch." Ashton informed nonchalantly. This should be enough to keep them interested but hesitant. Yes, he was a young beast, un-ascended, but he had his own faithful who knew who, and where he was.

Promise was startled, but she baod her head, "Any teachings are always welcome," She acquiesced gripping her dragon fang. They would have to move quickly, the beast was young, replacing faithful wasn't as hard. Beasts were beasts because they could be tamed.

Ashton glanced at the fang but didn't say anything. While he could argue holding a dragon fang in his presence was a great insult, there was no need be petty. Besides Ashton would need a little more support before the empire realized what exactly they had abducted to the capital.

There were common topics regarding the tribute banquet held, surprisingly Lucian and Bodin had civil if curt conversations.

"We would be honored to also welcome the delegations at your side your Majesty. We have also prepared a gift for Crown Prince Serafin." Bodin explained with a kind smile to the child. It had been incredibly vexing to not have any of the royal or imperial children tested for ascension, but if Ashton could be tempted there wouldn't be any need.

"We would be honored; His Majesty has graciously allowed me to oversee any preparations you might need your Holiness," Charmaine offered with a genuine smile. One of the few disagreements she and Lucian had were about allowing the children to undergo the initiation. Charmaine understood it was harsh, but steel swords could only be forged under a hammer and in fire.

"We will be in your care then your majesty, would you be willing to have a small ceremony for Crown Prince Serafin to accept our blessings and gift?" Bodin asked glancing at the young crown prince. Using the empress as a segway into the imperial family would have to be enough for now. Though the crown prince was no longer the main focus for the empire's future, he would be emperor one day and religious loyalty could be slowly cultivated.

Serafin forced a smile but didn't answer as his mother patted his knee. He didn't really miss having to kneel hours at a time in the chapel but... that might be in his future again.