Warnings

On the final night Ashton was once again missing, Lucian scanned the crowd then turned to Charmaine, "Did he tell you his plan this time?" Lucian asked.

Charmaine was already seated and most of the nobles had already given their greetings and gifts for the final night. "No your majesty, so hopefully it won't be quite so... surprising this time. Or he may just be running late after such a long court session this morning." Charmaine added sipping on juice colored to look like wine. She'd had a rather nasty headache this morning so she would not be partaking in alcohol.

Almost as if Ashton had been waiting for them to ask, the lights started to dim. Pulses of green and red along the ceiling created an illusion of grass on the left and fire on the right.

Ashton was now wearing only a half mask to cover his nose and eyes, still silver but it had red stitching. There were two smaller feathers, and the ruby teer was a darker red.

What did you see

We are but mysteries

Take a look, you don't know me

This isn't the first time

Ashton slowly walked between the pulses of color each step causing one side to become clearer before fading away as he descended.

We live our lives

Burning like fireflies

All truths are left behind

All puppets, moved by a mastermind

You think this, you feel that

Can you trust in my facts?

Or will the truth still hide

With a sudden drop Ashton upside down and face to face with Lucian. Even as he righted himself and started moving further away the division between the grass and flames started to shrink.

My secrets, worth keeping

Give me something to believe in

My truth, your fiction

Yet no reason to believe in

Who will cross that line

Only a sliver separated the fire form the grass, then suddenly burnt buildings seemed to appear in the background of the fire as they crumbled away. Ashton looked over his shoulder as he continued to walk away and waved at the rubble.

Lets take a look

What we've accomplished

Can you meet my eyes?

Don't make excuses

Don't move the finish line

Are you proud this time

Slowly the fire spread into the grass.

I meant it, don't shrink it

Is this to believe in

Or just another pick up line?

Ashton turned and waved to the fire as it slowly surrounded and ate away at the remaining green.

This is my life

Burning up my time

Your truth is not mine

Not a puppet to your mastermind

Think this, feel that

Your truth is not my fact