Difference of opinion

Over the next two weeks Ashton was sent several invitations for tea, banquets, balls, dinners. He sent each his apologies, but he would be reframing from any visits until after the hunt as he was working on a few personal matters. Ashton also continued to monitor the chess pieces, as well as learn to ride on each of the different war horse's he'd selected.

Sebastian had also managed to catch the imposter, who looked frighteningly identical to his right-hand man. The only real difference were how rough around the edges the fake was and his lighter hair color, but even their voices were similar. Sebastian had asked to meet up after interrogating the imposter and finding a fourth location.

Ashton let Sebastian and Harlow follow him back after court, tea and snacks already prepared. "How might I be of service your grace?" Ashton asked as they all sat down.

Sebastian sighed, while the imposter was a great find, he was being instructed by another who a few other captives' thought was an errand boy. "I want the location of coordinator, or hints about how to capture him." Sebastian was too old to be staying up so late day after day.

Ashton tilted his head, "Your offer?"

"Name your price," Sebastian didn't bother trying to barter, there was much to do since many of his leads were already going cold.

Ashton leaned back still holding the tea as he crossed his legs, "Hmm, some free information first so you are aware how important that particular coordinator is, a well-established noble with connections who was able to find Gerald Flaks bastard cousin after observing Gerald for no less than five years and train him for another four years before he was sent out into the field two years ago. This coordinator also has two other similar imposters, one of which is here in the capital. While not a top 5 wanted as far as the rebels consider this coordinator does have access to the palace."

Sebastian tightened his grip on his cane, "How was the tracer made?"

Ashton smiled tilting his head, "Blood calls to blood your Grace."

Sebastian took a deep breath, even if he reported to his majesty... he had no proof. There was also no reason for a Reece to help any specific nation, generally they were honored guests who sometimes help with relations between nations. Only when a Reece claimed land would they be subject to laws of the crown, for now... unless Ashton was caught red handed working with the rebels or killing someone Sebastian's hands were really tied. If Sebastian did try and coerce Ashton for answers his entire house could be punished in international court, especially since Sebastian was still very much in the dark about Ashton's affiliation with the Seibel kingdom.

"Is this coordinator also the smuggler I am looking for?" Kristopher asked jumping in, his investigations led him to believe he was looking for a mid-tier noble, that would be the only way to have so many contacts in the north.

"The month is not yet over lord Harlow," Ashton reminded with a smile.

"What if I strike a similar deal, I want monthly information on the coordinator. What would your price be?" Sebastian asked, something was better than nothing. Sebastian also planned to use this to see how Ashton was getting his information.

"Hmm, a tempting offer," Ashton lamented, but if he started selling any more information the balance would be broken too soon which would only benefit the imperial faction. "I will sell you a single yes or no answer, the question must be specific and only about the coordinator. For example, you could as is the coordinator and smuggler the same person, but not is the coordinator affiliated with Duke Sebastian." Ashton explained, no broad sweeping questions to narrow down their search too much.

Sebastian thought about the offer, "Your price?" while the restrictions were steep... getting definite answers would eventually narrow down the suspects.