CHAPTER THREE: KYOSHI ISLAND

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU'RE GOING, do you?" Sokka said as he and Arin looked at their bare map.

"I know it's near water," Aang said optimistically as if they weren't flying over an entire ocean of water, no civilization in sight.

"I guess we're getting close, then." The water tribe boy said sarcastically. Arin laughed slightly at his sass and sighed as she leaned back on the saddle. She heard her little brother ask their new pet lemur for a bundle of marbles and peeked at him as he tried to show Katara an air-bending party trick.

"That's great, Aang." She said entirely focused on her sewing project.

"You didn't even look." He looked up at her and she stopped sewing to look at him and repeated herself. "But I'm not doing it now." He frowned.

"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing." Sokka waved a hand at Aang and Katara raised an eyebrow at her brother, Arin looked at him annoyedly.

"What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?"

"Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that." He listed off nonchalantly and Arin scoffed. "It's just the natural order of things."

"Keep thinking like that and it's only a matter of time until you get your ass kicked by a girl and I'm so tempted to be her." She crossed her arms and Katara smirked at the air bender girl before frowning at her brother.

"All done with your pants, and look what a great job I did." Katara threw the unfinished pants at her brother who gasped before sticking his hand through the giant hole.

"I can't wear these! Katara, please!" He whined.

"Relax, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants." Aang made a sharp turn with Appa's reigns and they quickly came up on an island.

"We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?" Sokka said as they landed and climbed off Appa.

"He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring." Katara looked to Aang who was looking around in the water for something.

"But Appa's tired already, aren't you, boy?" He looked up to the beast who grunted and Aang nudged him. "I said, 'Aren't you, boy?'" Appa then yawned.

"Yeah, that was real convincing." Sokka rolled his eyes. "Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster."

"Look!" Aang ran forward and pointed at the water. A giant koi fish jumped out of the water before diving back in.

"That's why we're here- Elephant koi!" Aang began to strip off his clothes leaving only his underwear. "And I'm gonna ride it! Katara, you've got to watch me." He jumped out of his pants before diving into the water. Quickly yelling out it was cold before jumping back in and swimming towards a koi that soon resurfaced, Aang hanging on its gill.

The siblings and Arin watched, Katara the only excited one. Arin rolled her eyes at her brother's goofy antics.

"He looks pretty good out there." Katara smiled at her brother.

"Are you kidding? The fish is doing all the work." Sokka pointed out and Arin shoved him. Katara ran off to stop Appa from eating something he wasn't supposed to leaving the older siblings to watch Aang.

"What is your deal today?" Arin looked at him annoyedly.

"What are you talking about? I don't have a deal- There's something in the water!" Sokka yelled out as he saw a shadow come up on Aang and his elephant koi.